[1.10.4] Client status GUI glitch

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Icarean
Kobold

[1.10.4] Client status GUI glitch

Post by Icarean »

I believe I'm supposed to post here before reporting in the bug section.

I'm using Maptool v1.10.4 in both cases below. The different OSs produce different glitches with the same part of the Maptool client GUI.
When the user moves the mouse over the client status boxes in the bottom right corner of the window (the Asset cache size, Image thumbs cache size, Current free space, etc)...
1. In Windows 10 (updates installed up to date 14/11/2021), an explanatory text pops up in a yellow box to the right of the mouse. If the user moves the mouse cursor moves over that yellow box then up to the map, the yellow box remains, obscuring much of the status boxes (likely bugged behaviour). If the user moves the mouse cursor leftward enough that it no longer is over the yellow box before moving it up to the map the yellow box disappears (as expected). Expected behaviour would be for the yellow box to disappear when the mouse moves out of the status box area.
2. In Ubuntu 20.04.3LTS (updates installed up to date 14/11/2021), there's sometimes a flash as if the yellow text box is appearing and disappearing in a fraction of a second, but there is no readable yellow box as seen in Windows.

Can anyone else confirm or refute?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: [1.10.4] Client status GUI glitch

Post by Full Bleed »

Icarean wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:56 am
I believe I'm supposed to post here before reporting in the bug section.

I'm using Maptool v1.10.4 in both cases below. The different OSs produce different glitches with the same part of the Maptool client GUI.
When the user moves the mouse over the client status boxes in the bottom right corner of the window (the Asset cache size, Image thumbs cache size, Current free space, etc)...
1. In Windows 10 (updates installed up to date 14/11/2021), an explanatory text pops up in a yellow box to the right of the mouse. If the user moves the mouse cursor moves over that yellow box then up to the map, the yellow box remains, obscuring much of the status boxes (likely bugged behaviour). If the user moves the mouse cursor leftward enough that it no longer is over the yellow box before moving it up to the map the yellow box disappears (as expected). Expected behaviour would be for the yellow box to disappear when the mouse moves out of the status box area.
2. In Ubuntu 20.04.3LTS (updates installed up to date 14/11/2021), there's sometimes a flash as if the yellow text box is appearing and disappearing in a fraction of a second, but there is no readable yellow box as seen in Windows.

Can anyone else confirm or refute?
The forums aren't the best places to post bug reports anymore. To get meaningful feedback you should probably take this to the MT Discord: https://discord.gg/QWR6gP3c

Or, if you've got a repeatable bug report (like it appears here) just post the issue on the MT GIT: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”