Using 2nd screen Error: Handshake.msg.playerAlreadyConnected

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
jmailhot83
Kobold

Using 2nd screen Error: Handshake.msg.playerAlreadyConnected

Post by jmailhot83 »

Just downloaded the latest version of Maptool. (1.11...something) According to everywhere on the internet, using it on 2 screens (one for dm one for players) should be as easy as plugging the two together with an HDMI cable, setting up a server on one instance of Maptool, and then connecting as a player on a second instance of maptool. However, when I do this, all I get is the Error Handshake.msg.playerAlreadyConnected. There is no pull down option like all the tutorials show to set the second instance to player in the connect to server window. Also when I change the default name in one instance, it automatically changes it in both, which I'm guessing is the problem. Please help!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Using 2nd screen Error: Handshake.msg.playerAlreadyConnected

Post by aliasmask »

I just started a server then a client and was able to connect via LAN. Make sure your server player name is different than the client logging in to server.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

Are you on a Mac by any chance? IIRC, there are oddities in starting the second instance on Macs.

Otherwise, how are you trying to connect on the second instance? Are you saying there's no File menu?

jmailhot83
Kobold

Post by jmailhot83 »

Thanks guys! Turns out the first commenter was right and I’m just an idiot who didn’t change the user name lol. And if you can believe it I work in Electronics spending most my day helping people figure out why their device isn’t doing what they want…guess I was just overthinking it.

Thanks for the advice and it’s working now!

Return to “MapTool”