Legality of Streaming MapTool on Twitch?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
darkrokr
Kobold

Legality of Streaming MapTool on Twitch?

Post by darkrokr »

I am putting together a campaign that will take place entirely online, using MapTool. I've also been watching Matthew Colville's campaign, The Chain of Acheron, and I have been inspired to stream my own campaign once I start it up. I want to get all of my ducks in a row first, though, before streaming anything.

Legally speaking, what must I do (if anything) in order to be in the clear with regard to streaming MapTool? What must I not do? Is this a silly question to ask? Please let me know.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Legality of Streaming MapTool on Twitch?

Post by aliasmask »

No legal problems regarding MapTool, but I would be careful about your maps and token images. Imo, unless you're a big streamer and someone is looking to mess with you, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

darkrokr
Kobold

Post by darkrokr »

Excellent. Good thing I draw all of my own maps…

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

As a intellectual property lawyer, aliasmask is a dismal failure.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

Return to “MapTool”