Recommendation on dungeon creation tool.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadow Wizard
Giant

Recommendation on dungeon creation tool.

Post by Shadow Wizard »

So I have been playing a bit with some of the dungeon creators out there, and am not really happy with the ones I have tried.
Dungeondraft seems to not do a good job creation the vision blocking layer when importing into maptool.
I wasn't a big fan of Dungeonfog, but cant exactly remember why.
I am interested to know what other tools are available out there that people use that are ideally, free.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Recommendation on dungeon creation tool.

Post by wolph42 »

I've created several for maptool but haven't used them in a while, you can find them on discord under dropin tools or you can search this forum. search for dungeon builder

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I have found several that export as JPG or PNG and the like, but I actually want one that will export as VTT with all the vision blocking already in it, so I don't have to do all the work to add the vision blocking myself. I have tried using Dungeondraft, but its just crap! Constant issues with the vision. Dungeondraft would work fine if I didn't want the VBL auto populated, but in my latest map maptool has been revealing stuff to players they shouldn't see. I have created maps where players can't see inside one room at all, even if there tokens are in there because of a specific door.
Dungeonfog is hela expensive, so I need something with a decent pricepoint, ideally no cost and runs local that actually works properly.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Shadow Wizard wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:54 am
I have found several that export as JPG or PNG and the like, but I actually want one that will export as VTT with all the vision blocking already in it, so I don't have to do all the work to add the vision blocking myself. I have tried using Dungeondraft, but its just crap! Constant issues with the vision. Dungeondraft would work fine if I didn't want the VBL auto populated, but in my latest map maptool has been revealing stuff to players they shouldn't see. I have created maps where players can't see inside one room at all, even if there tokens are in there because of a specific door.
Dungeonfog is hela expensive, so I need something with a decent pricepoint, ideally no cost and runs local that actually works properly.
There are currently some issues with how UVTT maps are importing into MT... the issues are being addressed and will probably have fixes for the next version of MT.

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/3440
https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/3434
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “MapTool”