Import/export tokens between map and CSV?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
FreeLuna
Kobold

Import/export tokens between map and CSV?

Post by FreeLuna »

So, I haven't tried to do this in about 3 years, and I'm hoping that maptools has been upgraded enough that it is now possible, and maybe someone has even created a drop-in macro so I won't have to write it myself....

Is there a way to select all tokens on a map, and export their x and y coordinates, plus key token traits, such as token name, state values, etc, etc...

into a csv file?

or, more importantly, is there a way to do that in reverse? take a CSV file with token values and x,y coordinates, and convert that into an entire set of tokens on the actual map?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Import/export tokens between map and CSV?

Post by aliasmask »

It's possible but as far as I know hasn't been done. There are examples of csv import/export in the forums and discord and then it's just a matter of using getTokens() and createToken() based on the data.

I think people just find it more convenient to use the map import/export feature though.

Return to “MapTool”