Negative Lumens not working on Daytime map?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Negative Lumens not working on Daytime map?

Post by xavram »

I'm doing a simple negative lumens test, with a "light" source like so...

Darkness: circle 30 lumens=-50

My expectation is that a character with Normal vision shouldn't be able to see into this area and normal lights (lumens less than 50) won't penetrate this. A character with Darkvision could see into this (his personal sight lumen is 100).

But, I find that this only works if I have my map set to Vision->Night. If its set that way, then the above behavior works as expected.

But if its set to Vision->Day, then the Darkness "light" has no effect. Character with normal vision can see the entirety of the map, the Darkness doesn't block any of his vision.

I strongly suspect this is an issue on my end, that I'm not doing something right. Any ideas on what to check? Thanks!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Negative Lumens not working on Daytime map?

Post by Full Bleed »

Looks like this was a bug... now fixed in 1.12.

However, I think you should be able to add a color to your darkness definition and get it to work.

https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/3479

Try using:

Code: Select all

Darkness: circle 30#000000 lumens=-50
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

xavram
Dragon

Re: Negative Lumens not working on Daytime map?

Post by xavram »

hmm, only difference using that is if the map is set to Vision->Night, I can see the "darkness" area because of the color.

But if its set to "Day", the character with Normal vision can still see into the Darkness.

Maybe its my version of MT (1.10.3). We're way behind on updates, were going to get up to speed after this campaign ended.

Return to “MapTool”