Two questions about initiative..

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadow Wizard
Giant

Two questions about initiative..

Post by Shadow Wizard »

So the first, is how to fix "Can't display round 10." From round 1 to 9, it shows the round number at the top right hand of the window. However at round 10 it shows "..." Please see examples. I have tried resizing the window. It just moves "Round ..." further to the right.
round9.png
round9.png (34.51 KiB) Viewed 343 times
rOUND10.png
rOUND10.png (35.01 KiB) Viewed 343 times
Secondly, how do I mark specific things to occur on specific rounds, or after a specific number of rounds.
For example. A player casts "Greater Invisibility" on himself. It lasts 10 rounds. After 10 rounds I need a note somewhere reminding me (the DM), or him that his invisibility ends. Ideally a "After 10 rounds, do this" idea, however "On this specific round, do this" would work if it had to.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Two questions about initiative..

Post by aliasmask »

I'm not seeing that bug on 1.11.5 or 1.12.1. Which version of MapTool are you using? It could be related to scaling or possible a theme if you're using one of those. I did change the scaling on mine, but it still showed the round 10.

There are several way to track the duration of spells in some Frameworks, but MT doesn't have a built in way of doing it. I think there is a stand alone initiative tracker in the forums from awhile ago that allows you to add custom items to tracker.

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Post by Shadow Wizard »

So, I am using 1.11.5, and I am getting that on 2 computers, where the round turns into ... from round 10 on. I just tested it at tonight's game. Any idea what is going on? It doesn't matter if it is docked, in a tab, or floating. Resizing doesn't do anything either.

As far as an init tracker, I will look around, but I am sure I can program one if I don't see one I like. But I will ask, as the posts I managed to find about it were very old. Is there any way to set a global variable yet? Or is a library token still the generally advised way to do it?

Oh, and if I were to look for one of the forums, what would you suggest I search for?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I tried duplicating with some other ideas with no luck. It's likely system specific. OS, font...? I would post a bug on github and maybe have a dev figure it out.

For the tracker, you can try this one out: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14761&start=75#p161539

This one could probably be modified to sync up with the system initiative tracker now that we have initiative handlers.

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I will try it on a couple of other computers and see what happens. But both computers I was using are running Windows 10 x64, and I don't think there is anything 'funky' about them. If I can figure out how to add a bug to the github I probably will, but I personally find github very hard to navigate, so don't have much faith I will be able to figure it out.
I looked at the token/init tracker you suggested. I am getting a LOT of errors when using it, but it still seems usable. I am guessing it was built to work with an older version of maptool, and since its 12 years old and free, I guess I can't complain a lot. I also have downloaded the campaign file I found on the threads previous page to see if there are options that need to be checked/added, etc, but I couldn't load it. Maptool says it will try and load it with legacy options, but then says it fails.
This init tracker is much more advanced then I think I could create, and I think the programming is way beyond my ability to fix for the current version of maptool. Perhaps by looking through the macros I can find a way to create something of my own that will work with the current initative tracker built into Maptool (Assuming I can get the round 10="..." issue fixed)
Thank you very much for the help and pointing me in the right direction.

Return to “MapTool”