Importing updated campaign to current campaigns

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadow Wizard
Giant

Importing updated campaign to current campaigns

Post by Shadow Wizard »

So, I am currently doing a lot of macro programming to get maptool the way I want it for my group.
This means new things are always being added. I am finding it a pain to have to go back to my old campaign files, load the new campaign properties, delete the GM macros, and reload the new ones, delete the campaign macros, and load the new ones. Is there an easier way to do this? One click "Yea, just replace everything with what is in this campaign file."
NOTE: Nothing gets deleted or even changed! Only new things get added (I do this to be sure nothing breaks when I load everything in)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Importing updated campaign to current campaigns

Post by aliasmask »

I would just export the old campaign maps in to a new campaign. Not sure which would be easier. loading campaign properties, deleting old campaign window macros and loading in new ones and changing a couple of lib tokens (or a map with all the lib tokens).

There's a new feature still being developed called add-ons. This would be ideal for upgrading old campaigns, but I haven't played with it yet so I can't give you any insight on how easy this would be to set up.

There are those that use the REST functions to keep tokens and macros up to date as well. That's a little more complicated and wouldn't affect campaign properties.

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Re: Importing updated campaign to current campaigns

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Yea, the question is what one is easier. Was just hoping for a "Load then overtop of what's already there" button, but if it doesn't exist then I guess it doesn't exist. Maybe later I will look into this "addons" but suspect by the name the "addon" would need to be "programmed" on what to change/add, and that wouldn't work for me.

Return to “MapTool”