Enable "touch" features.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadow Wizard
Giant

Enable "touch" features.

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I use maptool for my local game. I have a DM computer, and then a TV built into the table for the players that I am converting into touch. I would love the players to be able to do the whole "pinch to zoom" feature. Is there such a feature? Can anyone think of a way to implement it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Enable "touch" features.

Post by aliasmask »

I think that would be an OS thing sort of like mouse strokes you can program with a mouse. I'm not sure if you get as detailed as pinch = ctrl + scroll up, for example.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Alias is right, you're going to need to live with what support your OS can provide for now.

Native MT touch support has made some headway, but it isn't likely to appear any time soon. You can show interest for a touch UI here: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/3371

Also, some of the problems that Thelsing ran into had to do with scaling... and with MT's new LaF that may be less of an issue given that scaling now works throughout most of the app now.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Full Bleed wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:29 pm
Alias is right, you're going to need to live with what support your OS can provide for now.

Native MT touch support has made some headway, but it isn't likely to appear any time soon. You can show interest for a touch UI here: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/issues/3371

Also, some of the problems that Thelsing ran into had to do with scaling... and with MT's new LaF that may be less of an issue given that scaling now works throughout most of the app now.
I will head there now.
aliasmask wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:53 pm
I think that would be an OS thing sort of like mouse strokes you can program with a mouse. I'm not sure if you get as detailed as pinch = ctrl + scroll up, for example.
Actually, I am pretty sure its an application thing. For example when I pinch in and out in Chrome, I zoom in and out. There may be a program that does that (I will start my research and report)

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

MT definitely used to support touch in windows. You couldn't do everything but you could do enough to drive the map. Pinch to zoom and the opposite. Select tokens. Hold for Context menu. Drag tokens around. I don't have a touchscreen anymore so haven't tried recently.

Return to “MapTool”