Token shapes

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Darelius
Cave Troll

Token shapes

Post by Darelius »

Hello, how i can create aToken with 1x2 or 2x4?

...DX

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Token shapes

Post by aliasmask »

You can't natively, but you can make it square and only put image in squares it would occupy, ie top half of image.

Darelius
Cave Troll

Post by Darelius »

aliasmask wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:00 pm
You can't natively, but you can make it square and only put image in squares it would occupy, ie top half of image.
Thats sad...
So if i want to have a token with 2x1 i make one 2x2, where the "graphic" is only the upper half, rest is "transparent"...

But horribly bad, is it planned to make othe token shapes? even in old DnD basic games 2x1 tokens are normal..

and i need it for horses, carts etc...

...DX

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You can make your 2x1 if you like and leave it unsnapped.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

As said, MT doesn't support long token footprints. But there is a workaround that doesn't involve image editing that works pretty well.

1 - Select a footprint for your token that fits the lesser dimension. 1x2 - choose 1 grid square. 2x4 choose 2 grid squares.
2 - Change token to an object and go to the object layer
3 - Change token to free size and resize to the desired dimension (1x2, 2x4, etc)
4 - Change the object back to a token
5 - Select the token. If it's snapped to grid you will see the token footprint is at the center of the token, this will work for some token sizes like 2x4 but it won't work for others like 1x2. Double click the token, go the config tab and adjust the layout so either the front or the back is the base of the token footprint - this is now the token's "handle"

Not perfect but it'll do what you want.
Attachments
longtokens.jpg
longtokens.jpg (275.57 KiB) Viewed 245 times

Return to “MapTool”