1.3 - Needs for Final

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

You can, but it has to be the only thing in the table row. That is you can't mix a sub table lookup along with other text
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I am bringing this thread back to life to review it. Time to get our game face on and get 1.3 ready for final. Trevor is so ready for working on 1.4
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I would say customising Light and Vision. Conic Light and vision (that is the bit I miss most from the earlier builds)

If we get all the bits and pieces rounded off for light and vision, we can use 1.4 to screw with the stuff that effects VBL, tokens giving VBL etc.

I would quite like to see multiple columns on the stat sheet, to make it easier to use it as a character sheet for NPCs and formulas on the stat sheet showing the result, not the formula, but that's just tidying up stuff that has already been started . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

I would like to reiterate colors and transparency for light sources.

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

I'd say that card decks could do with being finished as well while we are discussing features in progress. However I'd be happy with a finished light and vision system (so close...) and then deal with the next round of features (including full decks) in 1.4. But then I'm a D&Der rather than a Savage World's player so I am somewhat biased.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Honestly, if we had to prioritize, I'd ask for light and vision to be completed since we've been waiting for that since I don't even know how long.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Wishful Thinking
Less cluttered die rolls in the chat window.
  • Is the mouseover information for die rolls going to make it into 1.3? I'd love to see something like this:
Aria rolls a 24!
This is what the mouseover shows: 1d20+Strength+Bab >> 15+4+5

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Multiple chat channels is 1.4 right?

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Cweord wrote:I would say customising Light and Vision. Conic Light and vision (that is the bit I miss most from the earlier builds)
Blocky vision?

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Hawke wrote:
Cweord wrote:I would say customising Light and Vision. Conic Light and vision (that is the bit I miss most from the earlier builds)
Blocky vision?
Yes, blocky vision please.

As a side note, I use both of these with colored lighting for light effects as well as movable AoE templates appended to a token, which I think is an ideal way of creating and managing movable AoE templates.

Speaking of AoE templates, is there a possibility of allowing the current AoE templates to appear over the HFoW? Sometimes it's hard to tell when diagonal line is entering a solid square with HFoW (e.g. - a square column). I use that line AoE tool for determining line of sight.

Additionally, I noticed that it doesn't match the vision for the respective token, which brings us back to blocky vision. :)

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

No, conic light/vision, like wedges and semicircles (basically the ability to define how many degrees of a circle should be visible - GURPS uses this eg. - makes the area behind the charater "blind".

Also, vision range should be customizeable to an arbitrary number instead of (or in addition to) the standard ranges we have now.

Dare I mention hex-grid halo's? ;) It would be so cool if they had the option of ringing the hex instead of the mini.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

wrathchild wrote:No, conic light/vision, like wedges and semicircles (basically the ability to define how many degrees of a circle should be visible - GURPS uses this eg. - makes the area behind the charater "blind".
Light in 1.2b32 could be set to radius or cone. This was to accommodate light sources such as a bullseye lantern. Light was also blocky, which was ideal for me.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

Bbbbblocky vision... oh, and from all 4 corners.
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Ability to open 1.2 campaign files

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am mightily impressed and satisfied with MT1.3b30. While there are always tweaks and fine tunings that can happen, what is there is working for me.

Desirables for Release:

Ability to open 1.2 campaign files. This seems fundamental. If people make a campaign in 1.2 and share it, I want to be able to use it in the new tool.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

AidyBaby wrote:Bbbbblocky vision... oh, and from all 4 corners.
Well... by blocky vision maybe I should be describing it as whole-cell vision.

Return to “MapTool”