FOW/Topology Question-Large Map

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
venger
Giant

FOW/Topology Question-Large Map

Post by venger »

Greetings

Its been a while since I have visited the forums, and I havent kept up with all the DEVs, and I am still using MT 1.2.b32

I want to make a large forest map covering a couple square miles of terrain.
I want to make clusters of trees/obstacles and place them as you might do in a maze, and paint topology over these clusters to limit vision.

There would be a large number of these objects, so I would want to use a single tree graphic and simply copy them over and over to minimize file size.

I was wondering if it is/will-be possible to assign a topology to an object and have it copied over and over again with the object so that large areas of forest could be created without doing all the topology by hand.

The scenario I have in mind is a chase through the woods where the quarry will be trying to escape the companions using the woods(topology) for cover.

TIA

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Heya venger, super great to hear from you !

There's a feature on the Wall of Features to add just that exact feature. Which means we'll get there at some point :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Excellent!

Along those same lines, it would be great to be able to change the "scale" of the measuring tool to show yards, meters or even miles instead of just feet
So if I want to make a regional map the players can take their own measurements across large areas of land

By the way, what would I want to donate/vote for on the wall to bump copying of topology hehe

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That would be "VBL attached to tokens/stamps".

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

*click*

It was time for another donation anyway!

Return to “MapTool”