Differences in b33

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

The reason we forget about the tracker is that our code rarely, if ever, has bugs. It is always a user related problem.
Yes.
Honestly.

Yeah. :roll:

Naryt
Dragon

Post by Naryt »

Ryss wrote:The reason we forget about the tracker is that our code rarely, if ever, has bugs. It is always a user related problem.
Yes.
Honestly.

Yeah. :roll:
Well, naturally! I mean, if the users would just use it EXACTLY as coded then there would never be any problems!

:lol:
A wandering lost soul

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Naryt wrote:One thing I've done in other settings is have a separate development forum devoted just to Bug Reports.

The bug reports then have a specific format:
Problem is that most people won't follow the format. Good idea... hard to enforce.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Which is why the bugs should be collected by a third party and displayed.

Ideally the Tracker would have some more specific fields that are required. It's not bad as is, but a bit free-form.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

trevor wrote:There is actually a bug tracking system:

http://tracker.rptools.net

That people can review and submit to.
Except that it doesn't address the issue under discussion. A simple way for users to see what bugs or issues may have been introduced in the current build so that they can be aware of the risks in using the latest build.

Doesn't appear that the trackers support build numbers at all.

JIRA looks like a usable bug tracking system but is not something end-users really should be mucking with without a lot of oversight.

The majority of entries are for feature requests and not bugs. There are also a number of entries that have already been resolved as well as a number of duplicates. These things also make it difficult to use for the original purpose.

If the announcement post could be updated with bugs in a fairly timely manner after they are reported (whether by forum post or tracker submission) that would probably benefit the users the most.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Phergus wrote:
trevor wrote:There is actually a bug tracking system:

http://tracker.rptools.net

That people can review and submit to.
Except that it doesn't address the issue under discussion. A simple way for users to see what bugs or issues may have been introduced in the current build so that they can be aware of the risks in using the latest build.

Doesn't appear that the trackers support build numbers at all.

JIRA looks like a usable bug tracking system but is not something end-users really should be mucking with without a lot of oversight.

The majority of entries are for feature requests and not bugs. There are also a number of entries that have already been resolved as well as a number of duplicates. These things also make it difficult to use for the original purpose.

If the announcement post could be updated with bugs in a fairly timely manner after they are reported (whether by forum post or tracker submission) that would probably benefit the users the most.
Agreed. I would not want everyone to just go enter junk into the tracker system. Coming from a support background, you would get 50 copies of the same bug since people rarely actually search for known issues. Better to keep it as clean as possible in my opinion.

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “MapTool”