mod mod?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
mondo
Cave Troll

mod mod?

Post by mondo »

Is the [mod] back to functionality. Will it still accept a 1dx as a mod? That is a very useful thing in Alternity where the mod is a -/+ 1d4 to 1d20. It used to work but somehow got messed up in one of the recent patches. I am a few months before my t20 campaign ends and my Alternity one begins and would love to have it back.

Thanks.

Naryt
Dragon

Re: mod mod?

Post by Naryt »

mondo wrote:Is the [mod] back to functionality. Will it still accept a 1dx as a mod? That is a very useful thing in Alternity where the mod is a -/+ 1d4 to 1d20. It used to work but somehow got messed up in one of the recent patches. I am a few months before my t20 campaign ends and my Alternity one begins and would love to have it back.

Thanks.
So, are you wanting [1d20 + mod] where mod would be -/+ 1d4?
A wandering lost soul

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: mod mod?

Post by jfrazierjr »

Naryt wrote:
mondo wrote:Is the [mod] back to functionality. Will it still accept a 1dx as a mod? That is a very useful thing in Alternity where the mod is a -/+ 1d4 to 1d20. It used to work but somehow got messed up in one of the recent patches. I am a few months before my t20 campaign ends and my Alternity one begins and would love to have it back.

Thanks.
So, are you wanting [1d20 + mod] where mod would be -/+ 1d4?
I think he is referring to persistent variables per session where you set mod once and it does not prompt you for it again until you restart Maptool, no matter how many times you roll a macro using mod. If so, Trevor plans to fix it, more than likely in the next release, but since he has not told us what to expect in the next release, who knows.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

mondo
Cave Troll

diff rules in alternity

Post by mondo »

I was referring the mod being another die roll. In alternity you roll 1d20 and add or subtract another die. That exact die is determined as the difficulty. Typically its d4-d8 but can go as high/low as d20. So a mod could look like 1d20+mod and the mod itself would be +/- 1d4,1d6,1d8....1d20. Older versions used to do this nicely. I just tested it on b40 and it works again..although it puts the number in an odd spot in the text and you need the brackets when the mod prompt pops up. But it works! So I am happy. Hehe don't loose it.

knizia.fan
Giant

Post by knizia.fan »

If you know that the user will always type a die roll when prompted and not just a number, you can also use the syntax [1d20 + eval(mod)]. Then the user can just type 1d4 without braces.

If you need to be able to type either a die roll or a plain number, this syntax will fail because eval() doesn't like plain numbers.

Return to “MapTool”