Fixing drawings

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
JoeNotCharles
Kobold

Fixing drawings

Post by JoeNotCharles »

ARRGH! I just drew a whole bunch of stuff on the Hidden layer instead of the Object layer. Is there any way to switch layers of drawings I already made?

Maccwar
Cave Troll

Post by Maccwar »

Easy enough to fix. Select the hidden layer, drag a selection over 'a whole bunch of items' right click on one of them and select change to>Object.

Repeat as desired.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Only thing I can think of is a screen capture to make a tile and dropping it back onto the background. Only works if nothing's on the object or token layers, though, and probably won't get the best resolution. Can't think of anything else to do, though.

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

I did this for a dungeon I started working on. Had the base layout done and then realized...it was all on the wrong layer. Drawings can not switch layers, sadly, only stamps/tokens. The only solution for me at the time was start it all over again...on the plus side, I fixed a few things that I didn't like of the original. On the bad side, I wasted a hour or so. :-/

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Fixing drawings

Post by lmarkus001 »

JoeNotCharles wrote:ARRGH! I just drew a whole bunch of stuff on the Hidden layer instead of the Object layer. Is there any way to switch layers of drawings I already made?

I would guess you could edit the XML and change the layer with that...

Maccwar
Cave Troll

Post by Maccwar »

syntruth wrote:Drawings can not switch layers, sadly

Ooops, sorry I misread the original post.

Return to “MapTool”