Rerequest: Can we move the Token name off the portrait?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
PinkRose
Dragon

Rerequest: Can we move the Token name off the portrait?

Post by PinkRose »

I know I asked before, and I searched, maybe it was under a different log-in, but can we get the picture moved up enough so that the name doesn't cover any of it up?
I am a special snowflake!

palmer
Great Wyrm

Re: Rerequest: Can we move the Token name off the portrait?

Post by palmer »

And while we're at it, move the stat sheet ABOVE (or BELOW) the portrait, so it's all one column, and not a screen chewing, unbalanced mess.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

And add CSS support so the user can specify all this using regular text.

:mrgreen:

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Anyone opposed to removing the name from the portrait ? Seems like since you are mousing over a token, you know what the name is already.

In early 1.4 I'll be putting the portrait into a separate frame, and making the statsheet be an html doc that users can modify and customize. I've been toying with the idea of passing all of the html through Apache Velocity as a template engine, including the chat rows, so that it can be trivially customized.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Mrugnak
Dragon

Post by Mrugnak »

trevor wrote:Anyone opposed to removing the name from the portrait ? Seems like since you are mousing over a token, you know what the name is already.

I'd put the name at the top of the stat sheet, if there is one, otherwise either above or below the portrait.

Please leave it somewhere related to the portrait, though. As an accessability feature it's a big plus, and when you're sort of tired or distracted by background noise, your cat, significant others, players chattering at you, etc, needing to look at the bottom left corner, back at the token (potentially as far away as the top right corner) and back again is obnoxious.

When I'm "browsing" around in a mess of closely packed tokens, I use the portrait window to read what I'm moused over. This way the label text doesn't get lost in the mess of tokens, token states, auras, direction arrows, halos, etc. etc. etc.

I could zoom in to see only four squares, but that's rather counter productive when you're specifically trying to pick out that one guy there who was already injured out of many.

trevor wrote:In early 1.4 I'll be putting the portrait into a separate frame, and making the statsheet be an html doc that users can modify and customize. I've been toying with the idea of passing all of the html through Apache Velocity as a template engine, including the chat rows, so that it can be trivially customized.

That's cool. Does this mean chat and etc. will support a newer version of HTML?

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Kind of, sort of not TOO far removed from the topic.

Is there a way that stacked tokens can have tags/labels/names come out of different sides of the hex/square so that they are one-click selectable?

Thanks

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Benz72 wrote:Kind of, sort of not TOO far removed from the topic.

Is there a way that stacked tokens can have tags/labels/names come out of different sides of the hex/square so that they are one-click selectable?

Thanks

feel free to put this as a request in the Feature Request forum
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

PinkRose
Dragon

Post by PinkRose »

Been looking for this feature for over a year now.
Can it be done?
I can't code, so I can't help.
But It covers a chunk of the picture and it would be real nice if the float-over just floated above the name. Or if the name floated above the Float-over.
Thanks for any help.
I am a special snowflake!

Return to “MapTool”