Can I do this? Drop tokens to the back?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Moskatyak
Kobold

Can I do this? Drop tokens to the back?

Post by Moskatyak »

As a player or GM, I'd like to be able to drop a token onto a map and have it fall immediately to the bottom of the token layer, so I don't have to waste time sending it to the back every time I drop a spell effect token.

zEal
Dragon

Re: Can I do this? Drop tokens to the back?

Post by zEal »

Create a macro with the command:

Code: Select all

[h: sendToBack()]
Set it up to apply to selected tokens. Then select your spell effect after you create it and run the macro.

Wiki: sendToBack()

Moskatyak
Kobold

Post by Moskatyak »

Thanks for the suggestion zEal, but its not going to accomplish what I really want (to streamline and speed up gameplay), it still requires a second and seperate action (even though it's only one mouse click instead of 2) plus I'd then have to keep the Global Macro window open as well, covering up even more of the map. If I could save a token with the arrange to back feature, but I think that would require a program modification as it doesn't do that now.

I know this is a very minor, picky thing. Maptools is a fantabulous program! I've greatly enjoyed using it the past 6 months or so, since I started playing on-line, and I commend all the people who put their heart and souls into it's development.

-Moskatyak

hyperactiveChipmunk
Cave Troll

Post by hyperactiveChipmunk »

Moskatyak wrote:Thanks for the suggestion zEal, but its not going to accomplish what I really want (to streamline and speed up gameplay), it still requires a second and seperate action (even though it's only one mouse click instead of 2) plus I'd then have to keep the Global Macro window open as well, covering up even more of the map. If I could save a token with the arrange to back feature, but I think that would require a program modification as it doesn't do that now.

I know this is a very minor, picky thing. Maptools is a fantabulous program! I've greatly enjoyed using it the past 6 months or so, since I started playing on-line, and I commend all the people who put their heart and souls into it's development.

-Moskatyak
I know this doesn't improve the situation fundamentally, but you can assign a hotkey to macros. That would remove the need to keep the window open, at the very least.

-hC

zEal
Dragon

Post by zEal »

Moskatyak wrote:Thanks for the suggestion zEal, but its not going to accomplish what I really want (to streamline and speed up gameplay), it still requires a second and seperate action (even though it's only one mouse click instead of 2) plus I'd then have to keep the Global Macro window open as well, covering up even more of the map. If I could save a token with the arrange to back feature, but I think that would require a program modification as it doesn't do that now.

-Moskatyak
While I understand your frustration, having something 'new' appear beneath something 'old' is against just about every UI convention I know of... unless, there's a preference that allows people that need/want to do this to be able to. You could request such a preference for 1.4 /shrug

Instead of a preference, perhaps an option on the create token dialog would be better; or both.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Would dropping it straight to the object layer not work?

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Rumble wrote:Would dropping it straight to the object layer not work?
Because players can't select and control Objects

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

palmer wrote:
Rumble wrote:Would dropping it straight to the object layer not work?
Because players can't select and control Objects
Ah, right - I was only thinking from the GM standpoint.

Return to “MapTool”