Initiative Question

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Initiative Question

Post by UntoldGlory »

Okay, I'm trying to set up maptools for playing Starfleet battles. In SFB, each turn is broken into 32 impulses. Your ship(s) will go more than once during the turn, and what impulses you act on will likely change.

Anyone know a way to do this with the current init panel, or is this something we're going to have to do manually? (or make some kind of kooky macro for)

Rumble
Deity

Re: Initiative Question

Post by Rumble »

Manual (or partly manual) or kooky macros are the way. I think you can manually add a token to Initiative multiple times, but you'll have to drag tokens to the right order. However, once you do that, you can use the Init Panel like normal.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Rumble wrote:Manual (or partly manual) or kooky macros are the way. I think you can manually add a token to Initiative multiple times, but you'll have to drag tokens to the right order. However, once you do that, you can use the Init Panel like normal.
Or use decimal's in the initiative value to imitate a second sort criteria.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

The init panel in MT can contain single tokens multiple times. IT has phases for this kind of initiative.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Awesome, thanks guys!

Return to “MapTool”