Chat Log - How Do I Save It?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Blakey
Dragon

Chat Log - How Do I Save It?

Post by Blakey »

Is there a setting or method to save off the Chat Log after each session? I'd like to be able to do the following:

1. Save the Log off to HTML so I can post it on my forum.
2. Load it back up when I start the next session, and have the same chat log available for all players who hook in to see.

Cheers!
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: Chat Log - How Do I Save It?

Post by RPTroll »

There's a way to save it both manually and automatically but no way to reload it (to my knowledge).

Maually export from the File menu. Auto export via Edit->Preferences (somewhere in there)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

tmatk
Cave Troll

Post by tmatk »

RPTroll wrote:There's a way to save it both manually and automatically but no way to reload it (to my knowledge).

Maually export from the File menu. Auto export via Edit->Preferences (somewhere in there)
Does the auto-save work? Whenever I enter anything into the fields for filename or "time between" it doesn't seem to stick.

I would love to turn it on, I often forget to save the log!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

No, the autosave is not functional (yet).

I hope to have some time in about a week so that I can work on it some more. I want to finish that project and also the Java tool that packages up assets and adds a self-extractor so that images can be unpacked easily...

Return to “MapTool”