DevoDog's Combat Manager

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
DevoDog
Dragon

DevoDog's Combat Manager

Post by DevoDog »

Version 2.2 available at http://www.devodog.us/dnn/MapTool.aspx.

Changes for version 2.2 are listed on the site and near the end of this thread.

---

This framework is based extensively on Rumble's Combat Manager framework and is designed as a DM utility for face-to-face games.

If you are looking for a framework for an internet-based game, I stronly recommend Rumble's Combat Framework (available in the Campaign Frameworks subforum).

Thank you, Rumble, for all of the work that you have done and for all of the assistance you have provided me.

If anyone encounters glitches or has suggestions for my translation of the framework, please let me know.
Last edited by DevoDog on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Stitched
Dragon

Re: DevoDog's Combat Manager

Post by Stitched »

You should probably explain how to use it. Just downloading an .XML files, doesn't tell me much.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

I'll be providing more instructions on the devodog.us page.

I have a few tweaks to make:

- NPCs are prompted to making saving throws, which I didn't want. I'll probably have to re-add this, though, in case there's a bonus against a specific keyword)

- Marks: A new mark needs to supercede an existing mark

- When deleting a power, it might still come up as Available

- Health bars for PC tokens (I'm still running a Player View for initiative and for the players to see conditions imposed on them and on their opponents)

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Version 1.1 is now available at http://www.devodog.us/maptools.aspx (the site can take some time to load)

Fixed:
Save Ends portions of macros (I used a french brace where I should have used a square bracked). This was causing prompts for NPCs. See also Changed.
Deleting a Magic Item will now delete it from available powers
Per Turn powers now reset correctly at the start of turn

Added:

Modified ResetStates to reset for all visible tokens to that states are updated at the correct time
Health bars for PC tokens

Changed:

Changed the Begin Turn and End Turn macros to call specific functions. This will make it easier for me to tweak those and troubleshoot.
Save Ends saving throws now prompt for a bonus to a save for ALL tokens. This is necessary for some monsters who get bonuses to saves against specific keywords.
Tokens have new "Marked" properties which will be used for processing application/expiration of marks.

----
On my To Do List:
Processing of marks (when a mark expires and a new mark superceding an existing mark)
Clearing Available powers correctly if you delete a power
Using more Functions to "break up" macros to make it clearer as to what exactly happens when certain macros are triggered
Better instructions (on http://www.devodog.us/MapTools.aspx about the intention of this campaign file and how to use it

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

I've made a few tweaks to my Campaign file for today's game (starts in 2 hours).

Fixed marks.....fixed Available powers....broke apart SOT/EOT macros into multiple functions (makes it much easier).

I added some of the Library macros as Campaign macros so that I don't have to scroll as much through the manager frame and also list the character who currently has initiative at the top of the list (in addition to their normal placement).

If everything works right, I'll be posting the updated version at http://www.devodog.us/MapTools.aspx

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Details usage instructions are now available at http://www.devodog.us/MapTools.aspx

Updates/Fixes in Ver 1.2:
Fixed: Deleting a power removes it from Available Powers
Updated: Default HP/MaxHP set to 1 so that tokens don't immediately "die" when you open the Combat Manager Window
Updated: Marks are now separate from conditions so that new marks supercede existing marks.
Addition: Token with current initiative appears at the top of the list in addition to their normal listing.
Addition: SOME macros are also listed as Campaign Macros since it's a bit easier to apply damage/conditions/marks by selecting the token (instead of scrolling through the manager)
Addition: Added generic single/multiple target attack macros that can be copied to NPCs.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Version 1.3.

This update includes minor tweaks to give better visual indicators that the Start Turn macro has run and to show which token has initiative (when using a map).

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Version 1.4 fixes an issue with End of Turn conditions lasting too long if they were imposed by an Immediate/Opportunity action.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Version 1.5 fixes an issue with marks that expire at the end of a turn. I wasn't clearing them properly, resulting in getStateImage() error messages.

This will be the last 1.x release.

My 2.x releases will require a higher version of MapTools (the one that allows the JSON getInitiativeList() option).

Tweaking this SHOULD make the macros run much faster.

I'll also be looking into:
Defense Tracking (for temporary bonuses/penalties to defenses)
To Hit Bonuses (temp bonuses against ANY or a specific opponent)
Token Removal (removing tokens when they're defeated if they're no longer needed....NPCs only...and I'll have to add a property to allow the overriding of this [for NPCs that will resurrect])

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Updated to version 1.6

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Version 1.7 uploaded. Multiple Save Ends conditions imposed by Process Attack are treated as Save Ends All. State image have been (temporarily) removed from the Combat Manager frame.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Made some minor fixes (had to remove some setState commands).

I've also modified the Notes section to accomodate timed notes. You can use this for anything you want. A permanent note should be timed as Other. End of Turn does NOT currently trigger Save Ends notes (these will need to be done manually). This should, however, be easy enough to add.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

1.7b fixes problems with Mark and Ongoing Damage images NOT being removed.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

I've been making some tweaks and are almost ready for the next version.

Basically, the next version changes OngoingDamage (which is always a save ends) and links it to other save ends conditions imposed by the same attack.

I need to add the actual damage from the Ongoing Damage.

My next adjustments will be to see if I can include Aftereffects (including damaage) and Failed Save changes.

I will be treating Failed Save effects as REPLACING the original condition (so, a failed save on Sleep will replace the Slowed Effect with Unconscious).

After adding these features, my next upgrades will be to speed up the overall performance. I suspect, however, that it will simply trade the processing time from one step to another....so there might not be an overall speed increase.

DevoDog
Dragon

Post by DevoDog »

Updated to version 1.9.

Changed how states are applied/remove (it should speed things up).

Notes added as Save Ends trigger end of turn saving throws.

Removed halo indicating token with initiative and changed it to a translucent state (green shading). This will, hopefully, change when the visual indicator appears (it was appearing too early) and opens up the use of halos for other reasons.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”