[d20 SW-Saga Ed] SWSaga_Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Re: Star Wars Saga Edition Framework

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

Noted, thanks.

So far I have noticed that there should be some way to modify the separate weapons that have gunners.

Also missing is the +2 to weapon attack rolls for being trained in pilot and the -5 to attack rolls for not being trained in heavy weapons which all starship weapons are.

Perhaps add in crew positions to the character sheet and have the crew stats modify weapon rolls. although that might be tricky considering the various weapons on a ship. I simply just made separate macros for the gunner-controlled weapons.

Also the damage rolls are not multiply the damage. I am not sure this is something that can be fixed cause I noticed previously that weapon damage cant be multiplied.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

I found the issue with the weapon damage not be multiplied for vehicles, I forgot to add in the multiplier to the total damage roll.

A quick fix is to have change a line in the VDisplayAttack macro on the vehicle token.
change the line:
[H:TotalDmg=EDmgDice + LevelBonus + dmg]
to
[H:TotalDmg=(EDmgDice + LevelBonus + dmg) *dmgMulti]

and that will fix all the problems with that.

As for the other comments, the +2 for being trained and the -5 for not being trained aren't tracked and I don't see that happening in the near future. I think just adding it into the weapon modifiers is easiest currently.
I think separate weapon entries is the best way to go, though I'll look at adding in additional gunner pages.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

I also noticed that the size modifier for the ship is not being factored into initiative or pilot checks.

Otherwise everything seems to be working perfectly!

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

I'll take a look at it, though I'm going to be extremely busy till the end of April, so I can't promise anything quick.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

That's cool, you have been doing plenty. If you want to post when you have the chance on how to modify the code as you did with the damage multiplier I can always do it myself.

Saves you the trouble.

One thing I have noticed is if I create a new map with v4 libraries and use the tokens that I made with v3 my players cannot use their macros unless they are connected as a GM. Even though they are given permissions in the campaign prefs. Any idea what is going on there?

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

The framework doesn't seem to be adding in attack bonuses with weapons (if a character has weapon focus: blaster pistol and is using a blaster pistol).

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

algnc wrote:The framework doesn't seem to be adding in attack bonuses with weapons (if a character has weapon focus: blaster pistol and is using a blaster pistol).
I don't see Weapon Focus as an option on the character sheet. You should add that modifier into the stats for the weapon using the weapon/implement macro.

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, and it only adds damage, not hit bonus.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

When you edit the weapon there is a slot for to hit mod and for damage mod, you can input +1 for the to hit.

Or, when you choose to click the attack button macro you can enter it in the to hit temp modifier, either one works. At least in my games.

algnc
Cave Troll

Post by algnc »

Yeah, I've never gotten hit mod to work. We have to use temp bonus.

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

5th release of SWSE Framework built for Maptool Version: 1.3.b63.
The download now has all the framework parts as separate files as well as including the SWSaga_Framework_r05.cmpgn.
SWSaga_Framework_r05.cmpgn
Changes
Players:
Fixed to hit mod not registering correctly

Vehicles:
Fixed to hit mod no registering correctly
Fixed Size modifier for skill checks.
Wasn't able to heavily test this version, let me know about any issues.

Comments,Bugs, and Requests Welcomed.
Last edited by Zaro on Sat May 06, 2017 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Help!

So I think I have totally gotten myself confused at how to set up a new map.

when I create a new map I place the Player and Vehicle Lib_Zaro tokens on the new map, import the campaign props, create my map and add tokens (assign them NPC, or vehicle or what-have-you), then give the tokens the necessary character macros. And save it all of course.

I have been letting my players modify their tokens and updating their own character sheets on their token and then saving them. I then drag and drop those saved tokens to whatever map I have created.

Doing so the players then loose access to their macros even though they are given ownership. Nothing happens when they click a macro. What am I doing wrong? Is it the fact that the PC tokens have the macros from v.3 saved to them and I am using v.4 (soon to be 5) library tokens?

What I usually do is save only the map and NPCs and then drop the PCs onto the map once it has been loaded. Is that step messing it up? Should the PCs be saved to the map before it is loaded?

Can't figure out what I am doing wrong!

Zaro
Cave Troll

Post by Zaro »

when I create a new map I place the Player and Vehicle Lib_Zaro tokens on the new map, import the campaign props, create my map and add tokens (assign them NPC, or vehicle or what-have-you), then give the tokens the necessary character macros. And save it all of course.
You don't need to move the lib tokens to each new map just leave them on the initial map and you don't need to import the campaign props every time you make a new map in the same campaign file.
Doing so the players then loose access to their macros even though they are given ownership. Nothing happens when they click a macro. What am I doing wrong? Is it the fact that the PC tokens have the macros from v.3 saved to them and I am using v.4 (soon to be 5) library tokens?

This is happening because there are multiple library tokens with the same name in the same campaign file I think.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Well I have only been using a single map within the same campaign file.

Here is the trick. I use someone else's internet service so I can't host the server. So a friend hosts the server, I send him the map(s) to load, everyone but me signs in as a player, I sign is as GM and we play that way. The only bad thing is I cannot edit the maps on the fly so I have to make sure they are complete when I send them to my friend.

We have been playing fine like this for awhile. The problem I mentioned in the last post has propped up since updating the frameworks/properties/library tokens.

I just finished converting everything on the last map we played to version 5 and we are about to test it in a few mins to make sure it all works.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Whenever the map is loaded we get the following messages:

Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:Zaro : Unable to execute macro from Lib:Zaro.
Error running onCampaignLoad on Lib:ZaroVehicles : Unable to execute macro from Lib:ZaroVehicles.

Only one copy of the library tokens ARE on the map.

Everything works fine for me logged in as GM but anyone logged in as a player cannot use the macros. All a player can do is move the token around and open the edit token window.

We have never had this issue until recently. Not sure what happened or how to fix it.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”