Hero 6th Edition Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
nolgroth
Dragon

Re: Hero 6th Edition Framework

Post by nolgroth »

Yup. A bug. A variable was not being forwarded to the damageResolution macro. Here is a fix that does not require an entire new version of the framework.
targetedAttackResolution.mtmacro
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Instructions
  1. Download the above file. Remember where you download it to.
  2. Open MapTool and load the framework.
  3. Make sure Selected is checked under the Window menu.
  4. Select the Lib:Combat token.
  5. Locate the macro named targetedAttackResolution. Edit the macro to add Bak to the end of the name. This creates a backup in case something goes wrong. Not that it will, but always a good practice to keep backups for that one in a million chance.
  6. Right click in the Combat, Targeted box and select Import.
  7. Browse to where you saved the above file. Click on file and then OK.
  8. A new targetedAttackResolution macro should now be in your list of macros.
  9. Test the new macro by using the Reduced by Range attack. It should now smoothly complete.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

Right click in the Combat, Targeted box and select Import.
When I try to right click the box nothing happens.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Strange, it should look like the picture below
tut.jpg
tut.jpg (182.24 KiB) Viewed 1701 times

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

Edit the macro to add Bak to the end of the name.
Ah ok it's because of the above quote that confused me. I was in the menu after clicking edit. That must be it.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Activation Rolls

Post by sevrick »

I am trying to make an attack that is a Wheelock Pistol. When I enter a the name of the skill roll for activation it doesn't keep the name when I go back to edit it. I figured I would just try it any way and got this error:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): MACRO ("selectTargeted@Lib:Combat")       Statement Body : ""

What am I doing wrong?

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I just tried it by building a similar weapon. I can only imagine that there is something different in the way you are building the weapon than I am. Note that I did run it with a skill roll value and no skill name with success. It just did not display a skill name. So all that in mind, would you mind going over how you built the weapon step by step? I might be able to track down where the attack is failing that way.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

I think it happens when I Get to the box that says:

GM Assigned Skill Modifier:
Skill Levels assigned:

I put a 12 in skill levels assigned. But I don't see why I should have to enter this information again when I specified what it was when I made the attack.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Okay, I've been able to replicate the error....by attacking the Lib:Combat token. Keep in mind that some tokens don't have the same properties as others. Make sure that your target token has the "Basic" properties set in the Config tab of the token properties. Anything else will cause the macro to fail.

Now on to fixing the Skill Name not being retained. That one is easy, but I found another error that needs to be fixed. I'll post an update soon. I was hoping I was closer to being done. Clearly I was way too optimistic. :)

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

sevrick wrote:I think it happens when I Get to the box that says:

GM Assigned Skill Modifier:
Skill Levels assigned:

I put a 12 in skill levels assigned. But I don't see why I should have to enter this information again when I specified what it was when I made the attack.
Because some characters have generic skill levels that can be applied selectively. For instance, you could require a Gunnery skill to use a firearm. The character normally has a 12- roll and one skill level with Gunnery so you enter a 13. The character also may have an Overall Skill Level that allows him to bump the skill roll to 14-. If the character used that Overall Skill Level for something else that phase, they would not be able to apply it to the Gunnery skill. By allowing for Skill Levels to be assigned afterwards, you can enter in those extra skill levels as they apply.

The GM Mod is, of course, for anything that might cause the regular skill roll to deviate. In our Gunnery case, the GM might assign a mod of -2 for wet gunpowder.

If no other skill levels or GM Mods apply, just click the OK button.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

So what about the skill name?
I tried to enter the name and it would disappear when I tried to edit it.
There are these marks: ''
Does that mean I delete the marks and enter the name? That was my 1st choice, or do something like this: 'Activation', ''Activation, Activation''
I mean when you fix it that is.

So the Place where it says "Enter Skill Roll Value. Leave '0' for none" means if the activation roll is 12- then I would put a 12 there right? and not '12'.

*Edit*
Oops didn't see above post.

sevrick
Cave Troll

Post by sevrick »

I noticed your missing DMCV as a viable defense for a power. Had a Daze spell. I am guessing it's on a very long list of to do things. No worries. how soon before the next update?

jujitsuguy
Kobold

Post by jujitsuguy »

Nolgroth:

I have MapTool 1.3b87 and your Hero 6E v1.3e Framework for running...I also have the most recent, but because my team is also doing a D&D campaign, they are on these versions for now...we'll update to maptool 1.3b89 and Hero Framework 6E v1.3i later.

My question, as I've looked at this thread, is about importing a formatted Hero Designer file into the Maptool Campaign...apologies, as I wasn't certain if you had any recent posts about instructions or capabilities to do so.
If so, is there a means for the versions I mentioned to allow for at least 80%+ of the values on my player's character sheets in HD.

If not, do you know any other utility that would allow such...then again, since it is your codebase, I would guess you may have such if so.

Sevrick:

Sorry if my quick query disrupts your thread, but it is on the same subject.

Thanks...

Chuck D. aka "Jujitsuguy"
Chuck D. aka
"Jujitsuguy"

jujitsuguy
Kobold

Post by jujitsuguy »

Gentlemen:

Please ignore my previous post...I found the error code and dealt w/ it.

I am now running 1.3b89 using the Hero Framework 6E ver. i ....

Found my answer here for reference:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 8&p=237263

My concern is that either my OS X Mountain Lion or what-not does not extract out all the library reference files that are present in the Windows zip file...I happened to use the Windows zip version and it works fine on my Mac.

Again, sorry for any misposts...all is good.
Chuck D. aka
"Jujitsuguy"

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Wow. Thanks for hanging in their folks. I had a very serious case of demotivation happen recently and had given up on the project. I have just recently started looking at carrying this forward again.

I'm not sure when the next update is going to be, but I have just started looking at issues that folks are having with the framework and looking at how to fix them. I anticipate at least a month or so, though it may be much sooner than that. I'll keep you updated.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

sevrick wrote:I noticed your missing DMCV as a viable defense for a power. Had a Daze spell. I am guessing it's on a very long list of to do things. No worries. how soon before the next update?
DMCV is actually the defensive trait for Mental combat. It is actually a weakness of the framework that it doesn't allow for selective OCV/OMCV vs DCV/DMCV. I can (and probably will) rewrite some of the base code to allow for it, but that is going to be pretty extensive edit.

As a short-term solution, use "Uses Mental CV instead of Regular" and GM Mods to adjust the OMCV to match the OCV. For example, if your character has an OCV of 6 and an OMCV of 3, just add 3 to the GM Mods section.
Last edited by nolgroth on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”