[GURPS] Wrathchild / Winter's FW v2 (BETA)

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Winter
Giant

Re: [GURPS] Wrathchild / Winter's FW v2 (BETA)

Post by Winter »

I have been following the intermittent discussions on the GURPS forums about the likelihood of a licensing change that would permit the more comprehensive MapTool framework we had built several years ago. I won't have time until the Christmas break to work on anything, but I'll keep my eyes open for any developments in SJG's policies, and we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I hope what we're able to share online now is helpful for everyone!

dalin
Kobold

Post by dalin »

I'm relatively new around here, but am excited to try out MapTool and the GURPS framework with my out-of-state gaming friends. Is this the best place to ask questions about the GURPS framework? In the hopes that I'm in the right place, I'll toss out a few questions:
  1. I noticed that Deceptive Attack is not listed as one of the maneuver choices. Is there a reason for this? (It's a fairly popular choice in my group.)
  2. Data entry is slow. Each NPC requires stats and some key equipment. For now I've been skipping most advantages and disadvantages. I'm trying to come up with a good workflow for this process. Do you typically export tokens to create a library of monsters and NPCs? I could see how this, eventually, would speed things up. I could find an existing creature with similar stats, duplicate it, change the graphic, update any stats, and export the new one.
  3. For PCs, has anyone experimented with GCS to RPTOK importers?
  4. While setting up my first experimental map, I somehow screwed up a token's inventory so that whenever I hit the inventory button on the character sheet, I get the following error: "Illegal argument type java.lang.String, expecting java.math.BigDecimal." I'm guessing that I somehow included a space in a number or something. I unzipped the token file and examined the XML, but can't figure out where the screw-up happened. (The inventory XML is clearly not intended for human parsing.) In any event, I can delete the token and start over, but I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone knows a quick way to just delete the inventory and keep the rest of the token's characteristics.
Thank you for any wisdom you can share!

arlodu
Kobold

Post by arlodu »

Hello! I'm also a bit new to the forums and frameworks (though have been using maptool for nearly a decade with others managing a Pathfinder framework) and I'm trying to bring some automation into my GURPS game. This framework looks incredible!

Was there any progress from SJ on their policy related to this framework?

I think I'm missing something obvious, but I'm currently getting the error:

You do not have permission to access another token in the "getName" function.

When I have a token selected and try to run the Char Sheet macro on the campaign window. the lib:GURPS token is visible to players, I'm hosting as the GM, and have ownership over the tokens.

Hoping for some help, and that this project still holds some interest!
Thank you

Winter
Giant

Post by Winter »

Hi, arlodu. No progress from SJ on their policy related to the framework. But let me see what i can do with your bug. It's probably something relatively simple, perhaps related to a macro change since I last did extensive development on the framework. I won't be able to look at this till the end of the month (around October 24th), but I'll see what I can do.

Tratz
Kobold

Post by Tratz »

Thank you so much for your work on this. Out of curiosity is this project still being worked on? I'm working on something similar and am wondering if there's an opportunity to collaborate.

VagariesOfFate
Kobold

Post by VagariesOfFate »

As Winter hasn't updated this framework on the forum in some time, I have posted it in the RPG Nexus GitHub @ https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... unofficial

Updated versions of this framework as well as other MT related framework, content and other tools are welcomed.

Please ensure all submissions meet the SJG Online Policy.

Happy GURPSing
RPG Nexus MapTools repository. Check it out and contribute now

https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”