[Call of Cthulhu] CoC V6 character sheet based FW

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
booga
Dragon

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] CoC V6 character sheet based FW

Post by booga »

Of course! I'd be honored! Please post a link when it's available and let me know if you have any question.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Thanks!

I'm struggling to understand a few things in the character sheet:

If I click on "My Weapons" or "My Armors", I get some garbled output.

Clicking on "Initiative" doesn't seem to do anything.

If I click on the damage of a weapon, I get strange output, such as Damage : 8 « "" = "" =  »

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

If I click on "My Weapons" or "My Armors", I get some garbled output
I get the same thing with Maptool 1.5.2. I suspect this is related to the framework being coded for a much older version of Maptool, which was using an older version of Java. Something that will need to be fixed in the code most likely.
Clicking on "Initiative" doesn't seem to do anything.
That does work. If you open the Initiative panel in Maptool (Window >> Initiative menu). Clicking on Initiative adds the character to the Initiative panel, at their DEX Value. Seems to still be working fine with 1.5.2
If I click on the damage of a weapon, I get strange output, such as Damage : 8 « "" = "" = »
Same answer as the first issue, I suspect the code needs an update to work with the current version of Maptool.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

booga wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:11 pm
If I click on the damage of a weapon, I get strange output, such as Damage : 8 « "" = "" = »
Same answer as the first issue, I suspect the code needs an update to work with the current version of Maptool.
Check your Preference settings in 1.5.2... I think you need to disable "Use Tooltips for In-line Rolls".
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

darn I'm getting old... Yep that's it. I should have remembered that. I'd recommend to also check "suppress tooltips for macrolinks" as I think it improves a couple things in the campaign. Thanks again Full Bleed!

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Thanks for the explanation!

I have two more questions for you, both related to the Health / Wound system;

1. When I reduced the health of a PC, the campaign triggered the Sanity Tracker (instead of the Wound Tracker). Is that intended?

2. How do I remove Major Wounds from a PC? Major Wounds are listed on the character sheet but I do not know their effects or how to remove them (full heal doesn't work).

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

My version of your framekwork for Call of Cthulhu 7th is available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=28161

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Merudo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 am
Thanks for the explanation!

I have two more questions for you, both related to the Health / Wound system;

1. When I reduced the health of a PC, the campaign triggered the Sanity Tracker (instead of the Wound Tracker). Is that intended?

2. How do I remove Major Wounds from a PC? Major Wounds are listed on the character sheet but I do not know their effects or how to remove them (full heal doesn't work).
1. You probably saw that on the test PC token located on the map where all the Lib: tokens are. This token is messed up, made before a lot of fixes were applied to the Framework. If you use tokens from the main map, they work correctly.

2. The Major wound number on the right only shows the Major Wound threshold, it does not mean the character is affected by one.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Thanks! I didn't know what the Major Wound entry was, but now that I know I've added it back to the modified framework.

Also, I've studied the Eon code and it seems there is some support to enter the dates of the weapons/items manually and get the filtering based on the date of the campaign? How does that work?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

I'm afraid I don't remember at all (I wrote that framework more than five years ago), you'll have to reverse engineer the code.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Thanks, I understand.

Also, I've noticed there is an option to import monsters from the excel sheet, but I don't see any way to add the monster to the map once it has been imported. Is there something I'm missing?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

That's actually an unfinished feature the was imported from the French CoC Framework. I never actually finished the functionality on the French, so for now the best way to proceed is to create the tokens manually on the Creatures Map so you can import them with the Monster! macro in the campaign panel.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Another question:

I looked at the caching code more closely and it seems you force a rebuild of the first character sheet opened after the character sheet frame is closed? I'm not sure what's the point of that rebuild:

Code: Select all

[h,if(isFrameVisible("Fiche de Perso")==0):rebuild=1]
This rebuild of any character can be bypassed by first opening another character's sheet and then clicking on another character sheet.

I'm thinking of removing it to speed things up, any reason I shouldn't?

EDIT: Also found out your linked repositories (in Edit / Campaign Properties) slow down the opening of the project by a lot (more than 10 seconds on my machine). I removed them and the project opens up just fine and much more quickly.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

That's worth testing: To be honest, I do not remember what I had done that.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”