Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v1.6S [Fully Functional]

Post by wolph42 »

With the 64 i would keep those settings for Now to see what it does. And yes its important that the otters so the same. This really is a waakser link thing... Although from the logs it appears that you have the issue, otters would Simply disconteer with those errors.

seraph1m
Kobold

Post by seraph1m »

Wondering if I can get some help with this framework. Keep running into several issues.

1) How do you create tokens? The tokens created with the framework seem to work fine, but when I drop in a token and hit update token in the campaign frameworks, it gives me this error:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : skillFields = json.fields(skillList)

I've tried setting the token properties to SWA and Library, but I keep getting the error. How are the tokens I dropped in different from the ones included from the framework?

2) Keep getting errors when we try to use weapons:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): if(json.get(macro.args,"Button")=="Clear"),code       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [h: SWT_ID = getSelected()] [h: SWT_Output = json.set("{}","Name","Skill Check","Ability","0","Proficiency","0","Boost","0","Difficulty","0","Challenge","0","Setback","0","Force","0")] [h: setProp

3) How do players update tokens? The tokens keep reverting to their original state instead of saving the changes.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Seraph

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Sounds like you've got something weird going on all fronts, Seraph:

1) Drop a token onto the board, set its properties to SWA, select the token and begin editing. IIRC the "update token" macro is for bringing old tokens up to the newest version; you definitely don't need it for making new tokens.

2) Don't know. Might be related to 1) if you're running Update and it's setting a property to something that it shouldn't be set to.

3) Click on the portrait, enter data into the relevant fields, hit "update" at the bottom of the sheet. Adding new weapons has to be done from the link on the regular sheet page.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Just a tiny update; I added Knowledge (Warfare) from Age of Rebellion to the skill list on Lib:Sheet. Also modified the token update macro so old tokens will work with the new sheet. Going to try tackling some sort of talent output and maybe an inventory next, but that might take a while. I'm posting the updated Lib token and macro, or you can get the campaign file here.
Attachments
Update token 1-6SW.mtmacro
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Lib_Sheet16SW.rptok
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

birdhunter1971
Kobold

Post by birdhunter1971 »

Ok, to start thanks to wolf for helping me get maptool to open up and get the basics one working. Now I am a nonprogramer and new to this, I have downloaded the EotE version for this and I can't get this part to work. Whenever I try yo run it it wants me to open it with Foxfire or Chrome. Do I need to drop it somewhere? If so I have nothing to drop. Help a clueless guy out LOL. Thanks guys this is looking so awesome.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Hoo boy. Let's take this from the top:
1. Follow this link: Removed; something was borked
2. The "↓" at the top of the page lets you download the .cmpgn file. Save it somewhere convenient.
3. Launch MapTool if you haven't already.
4. Go to "File/Open Campaign...". Navigate to the .cmpgn file you downloaded and open it.

To start using the campaign:
1. Create a token.
2 Double click the token to open the Edit token dialog.
3. Click on the "Config" tab. Set the "Properties" dropdown to "SWA". Click "OK" to save your choices.
4. Select the token. The character sheet should be ready to edit.
Last edited by Jshock on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparx MacGyver
Kobold

Post by Sparx MacGyver »

Having some troubles. Using version v1_6SW, and trying to create a new token, no matter is it;s set to pc or npc. Doesn't matter what I do, or with what token. This is the error given, copy and pasted from the chat window:

"Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, if( SWT_OwnedCurrent == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_OwnedSelected == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || isGM() == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_ForceLoad == 1), CODE       Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("SheetLoadCheck@this"): macro.args] };{ [H: ""] }"

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Sparx MacGyver wrote:Having some troubles. Using version v1_6SW, and trying to create a new token, no matter is it;s set to pc or npc. Doesn't matter what I do, or with what token. This is the error given, copy and pasted from the chat window:

"Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H, if( SWT_OwnedCurrent == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_OwnedSelected == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || isGM() == 1 && isDialogVisible("EntryWindow") == 0 && SWT_CharacterType == 1 || SWT_ForceLoad == 1), CODE       Statement Body : { [H, MACRO("SheetLoadCheck@this"): macro.args] };{ [H: ""] }"
I tried reproducing this and couldn't, but I'm using b87 too... which vers of MT?

On a (possibly) related note, while I was poking around I spotted a booboo with my uploaded version of the campaign file; Knowledge (warfare) wasn't included in the campaign properties. Fixed and reuploaded the campaign file.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

dont forget to check the log. Some 'setups' do not show errors in chat, while others do. You might be one of the (un?)lucky few who don't get certain errors in the chat, but that does not mean they do not occur.

you can check the debug article linked in my sig for reference on the logging

Sparx MacGyver
Kobold

Post by Sparx MacGyver »

I'm using 1.3.b90. I looked in the log text file but didn't find anything past 8/27/2014.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Just for kicks, I tried making tokens in b90 this morning and didn't encounter any problems there either... just for the record, what's your procedure for making tokens, Sparx?

Sparx MacGyver
Kobold

Post by Sparx MacGyver »

Generally speaking, I add them to my resources and then drag them into the map to create them. Then I usually apply the necessary changes, such as setting it so it can use the character sheet. Then I just fill in the boxes.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Huh... sort of scratching my head here. Kind of wish Daelkyr would pipe up.

Sparx MacGyver
Kobold

Post by Sparx MacGyver »

That's why I'm confused as well. Everything else works, even other campaign files and adding tokens. I downloaded a fresh copy of this one just to be sure, and it still does it.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”