[Call of Cthulhu] Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Framework V4

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
booga
Dragon

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Framework V2.9

Post by booga »

I love the new features: explosives and Rest are both great ideas and implementations!

Merudo
Giant

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Framework V2.9

Post by Merudo »

booga wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:33 pm
I love the new features: explosives and Rest are both great ideas and implementations!
Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words.

I find that explosives & the sanity threshold are tedious to deal with at the table, so I'm glad I've found a way to automate them!

Merudo
Giant

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Framework

Post by Merudo »

merunes wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:33 am
Hey we just started to use your Framework and it is Awesome! but...some problems arrose maybe i just use them wrong im not experienced in Maptool
a) if i copy characters the stats seem to freeze, skills cant be used etc.
b) The Movement "Calc" on characters dosnt work / refreshes.
c) monsters seem to not work at all for me..if i create a new one i cant enter spells, stats dont update...and all sorts of stuff.

If you can help in any way that would be appreciated. and even if not its awesome to use and helps alot!
I think I figured out the issue. I was not aware that maptool reset the token ids when the server is started. This is messing up the caching of the character sheets.

I'll fix it up somewhat soon. In the meanwhile you can click on the portrait in the character sheet to fully refresh the sheet.

Merudo
Giant

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] Call of Cthulhu 7th edition Framework V4

Post by Merudo »

Version 4 of the framework is out!

Lots of new features, including:

- Support for Semi Auto/Full Auto/Burst shots
- New Chase & Date systems
- New macros: Combined Challenges, Group Rolls, Age, Heal, Selected Damage

MapTool 1.5.7 required

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

Thank you very much for your work, this is fantastic. It makes playing Cthulhu adventures a breeze, even for new players like me.

I don't know if I'm missing something but reloading weapons seemed somewhat annoying, if I got it right you have to

- click the magazine link
- enter the amount of ammo loaded in magazine
- press ok
- click the total ammo link
- subtract the same amount from total ammo
- press ok

I made some changes to the ReloadWeapon macro so it works like this now:

- click the magazine link
- press ok

The reload amount automatically fills with either the amount needed to fill the magazine or the amount of your total ammo, whichever is lower.

Below is the full ReloadWeapon macro code with the changes.

Code: Select all

[h: activeId = currentToken()]
[h, if(activeId == ""), CODE:{
	[broadcast("Error: Unable to find the token on map " + getCurrentMapName() + ".", "self")]
	[return(0, "")]
};{}]

[h:WpnIndex=macro.args]

[h:WpnAmmo=0]
[h:WpnAmmoLeft=0]
[h:WpnAmmoTotal=0]
[H: WpnToEdit = json.get(Weapons, WpnIndex)]
[H: WpnName = json.get(WpnToEdit,"Name")]
[H: WpnAmmoLeft = json.get(WpnToEdit, "Ammo remaining")]
[H: WpnAmmoOldLeft = WpnAmmoLeft]
[H: WpnAmmoMax = json.get(WpnToEdit, "Ammo")]
[H: WpnAmmoTotal = json.get(WpnToEdit, "Ammo total")]
[h,if(WpnAmmoTotal==""):WpnAmmoTotal=0]

[H: WpnAmmoReload = min(WpnAmmoTotal+WpnAmmoLeft,WpnAmmoMax)]

[H: flag = input(
"dummy|dummy|<html><font color=red><b>Magazine for "+WpnName+"</b><html>|LABEL|TEXT=FALSE",
"dummy|<html><font color=red><b>"+WpnAmmoLeft+"</b><html>|<html><b>Current Quantity</b><html>|LABEL",
"WpnAmmoLeft|" + WpnAmmoReload + "|New Quantity|TEXT|WIDTH = 5")]
[H: abort(flag)]

[H: WpnAmmoLeft = min(WpnAmmoLeft,WpnAmmoMax)]
[H: WpnAmmoTotal = WpnAmmoTotal - (WpnAmmoLeft-WpnAmmoOldLeft)]

[H:WpnToEdit = json.set(WpnToEdit,"Ammo remaining",WpnAmmoLeft)]
[H:WpnToEdit = json.set(WpnToEdit,"Ammo total",WpnAmmoTotal)]
[H: Weapons  = json.set(Weapons, WpnIndex, WpnToEdit)]

[H: coc.refreshCharacterSheet()]
Thanks again for this!
Last edited by normen on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

-- deleted --
Last edited by normen on Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

I also noticed a small typo that breaks the GM Skill Check macro:

In SkillRollAuto at the bottom the line

[h, if(getProperty("Autotick", "Lib:coc") != "Yes" || isNPC() == 1): canTick = 0]
should be

[h, if(getLibProperty("AutoTick", "Lib:coc") != "Yes" || isNPC() == 1): canTick = 0]
(note the capital T for AutoTick and the getLibProperty change).

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

Another small fix, the Bonus/Penalty die option on the stats sheet didn't seem to work for me. It seems the getRolled() returns some other unexpected rolls (Using MapTool 1.7.0).

In the StatsRoll macro I changed the second if block like this, tracking the rolls manually:

[h: diceRolls = "[]"]
[if (vdiceMod != 0 && DoRoll == 1), CODE:{
		<tr><td>
		[r, if (isSpell == 1): "POW "]Rolls: Unit <b>[t:Unit=1d10]</b>, Results <b>
		[t, for(i, 0, nbdie), code:{
			[h: roll = 1d10]
			[r: (roll-1)*10 + Unit]
			[h: diceRolls = json.append(diceRolls, roll)]
		}]
		</b> - <b>  

[h: diceMax  =  -1]
		[h: diceMin   = 101]	

[r, for(i, 0, nbdie), code:
		{
			[h: diceRoll = (json.get(diceRolls,i)-1)*10 + unit]
			[h: diceMax  = max(diceMax, diceRoll)]
			[h: diceMin  = min(diceMin, diceRoll)]
			[macro("evalRoll@Lib:coc"):json.set("{}","Percent",Percent,"Roll",diceRoll, "Difficulty", vDif)]
			[h, if (i == 0 && isSkill == 1 && vdiceMod > 0 ): vTick = if(json.get(macro.return, "hitResult") > 0, 1, 0)]
			[r: json.get(macro.return, "text")]
		}]
		</b></td></tr>
};{}]	
Edit:
P.S. The fix also applies to the Attack macro, changing diceRolls to hitRolls.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

it appears you're doing double work, I've already fixed quite a bit amongst what you did and shared it with merudo, but apparently he didn't update it here. Here's my latest version including a full implementation of the haunting scenario and all the (also your and the below) fixes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0pls1mudqudg ... cmpgn?dl=0
took me a couple of weeks to create but its fun.
Im currently completely diverting from CoC 7ed and creating my own as the rules make little sense to me. Hence any version after this is not usable for the general public.

There's also a bug in the explosives. (fixed that as well)

note that there's another getRolled in the attack and statroll macros, dont forget to fix those!

updated the OP added latest version to prevent this from happening again in the future.

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

wolph42 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:21 pm
it appears you're doing double work, I've already fixed quite a bit amongst what you did and shared it with merudo, but apparently he didn't update it here. Here's my latest version including a full implementation of the haunting scenario and all the (also your and the below) fixes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0pls1mudqudg ... cmpgn?dl=0
took me a couple of weeks to create but its fun.
Im currently completely diverting from CoC 7ed and creating my own as the rules make little sense to me. Hence any version after this is not usable for the general public.

There's also a bug in the explosives. (fixed that as well)

note that there's another getRolled in the attack and statroll macros, dont forget to fix those!

updated the OP added latest version to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Cool, thank you very much. I transferred pretty much the full Arkham Source book (yay lockdown) to a MapTool map in case you're interested (obviously can't make that public).

I also found the 7th Edition rules a bit strange in the beginning but I like them more and more, I found that when they didn't seem to be right I was still applying them in the wrong way. (E.g. failed vs pushed rolls -> failed roll isn't even an attempt). After a while they made perfect sense combined with the whole Lovecraft style. Not to say that I doubt your choice is good for your rounds though :)

Is there any new tables/lights etc. or should transferring the base library be enough? I have a few new macros for creating chase hazards etc. and would like to avoid transferring my stuff to the new campaign.

Oh and another question - I wasn't able to find the excel tables for this anywhere?

Cheers,
Normen

Edit: Copying just the library and renaming the "GM**" maps to "_GM**" and "Chase Tracker" to "~CHASE TRACKER" seems to work fine. Thanks again!

Edit2: Note the getProperty/getLibProperty bug in SkillRollAuto still exists in your version (try doing a gm roll on a skill)

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

So I cleaned up the library a bit more, added automatic chase hazard generation and fixed a few small issues with attacking objects. I didn't include wolph42s scenario to keep the file size down. Let me know if I should pack up a "proper" 4.2 from that.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

hi normen can you share the 4.2? the lib is enough, though i would appreciate it if you could let me know what you changed as im diveriting. im also curious about the arkhem stuff, perhaps you can pm me. im currently working on maks of nyarlahotep, finished the peru introduction (running that now) next will be new york. I can share that with you if you like.

im curious to your hazard generator as i was working on the same thing. havent come round to coding though i was mainly looking for pics to use to create the hazards. i can dig up the excel that i have (which is also a bit old but its somehting

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

wolph42 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:31 pm
hi normen can you share the 4.2? the lib is enough, though i would appreciate it if you could let me know what you changed as im diveriting. im also curious about the arkhem stuff, perhaps you can pm me. im currently working on maks of nyarlahotep, finished the peru introduction (running that now) next will be new york. I can share that with you if you like.

im curious to your hazard generator as i was working on the same thing. havent come round to coding though i was mainly looking for pics to use to create the hazards. i can dig up the excel that i have (which is also a bit old but its somehting
Sent you a PM. As I use MapTool more as a replacement for pen&paper than a computer game I am fine with simple symbols for the hazards. Its a hell of a lot of fun to place these markers around any map and just do the chase in a city or whatever. Too much work (and incongruent artwork) imo to make it work with actual images. But then again you could do that just by replacing their token images from some library after you placed them.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thnx seen it, replied to it. would be nice if someone can keep up the framework. However you've removed all the macro headers making it nigh impossible to debug. those are [h:'<!-- ------------------- macro name ------------- -->'] in the start of the code and very important. Took me some regex magic to get those there and not want to do that again. perhaps you can share a version with them in it.

normen
Kobold

Post by normen »

wolph42 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:04 pm
thnx seen it, replied to it. would be nice if someone can keep up the framework. However you've removed all the macro headers making it nigh impossible to debug. those are [h:'<!-- ------------------- macro name ------------- -->'] in the start of the code and very important. Took me some regex magic to get those there and not want to do that again. perhaps you can share a version with them in it.
I see, I added them back and also made them less strange by adding a newline at the end :)

You sent me the excel tables of your campaign and the old CoC6 table - I'd still need to get my hands on the actual table that was used for this library, then I'd be happy to pack up a new version (always given theres no one else wanting to continue this!).

Edit: I brazenly created a 4.2 "preview" here, basically imitating the 4.0.7 release and adding a new "Innsmouth" map: https://cloud.bitwaves.de/s/M5XEgfwgEBdMYYL

The changes are documented in the lib properties, mainly cleanups and a few fixes. Feel free to use whatever you want from this.
Last edited by normen on Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”