Simple d20 Framework - barebones

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
bubblobill
Giant

Simple d20 Framework - barebones

Post by bubblobill »

This is a sample D20 campaign framework for beginners.

It is pretty close to face-to-face play where players are responsible for knowing how the system and their characters work. Automation is pretty basic. It is intended for use as-is for people who know the d20 system. I hope it will also serve as a basis or inspiration for building your own macros into a framework. There is plenty of room for writing additional macros if you get the bug.

It aims to be an exemplar of different functionalities and the macros are mostly documented.
It contains;
  • A simple character sheet,
  • Separate character editor,
  • Four maps;
    • Secret GM stuff - a stash for lib tokens, NPCs and monsters,
    • Green Room - for PC creation and storage,
    • One outdoor encounter,
    • And one dungeon.
  • Derived properties,
  • A separate property type for monsters,
  • and a few other bits and pieces.
The campaign file is available on GitHub --> SampleD20.cmpgn
I am not precious about it. Feel free to improve, alter, and share any variations.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”