[Forbidden Lands] Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Cold_Ankles
Kobold

[Forbidden Lands] Framework

Post by Cold_Ankles »

Forbidden Lands Framework

I wanted to run a Forbidden Lands game at some point, but some of the dice rolls call for ludicrous numbers of d6es to be rolled, and there are a lot of fairly complicated rules. Being a big fan of Maptool, I wrote a framework for it!

Buy the game here: https://frialigan.se/en/games/forbidden-lands/

And use the attached campaign file to get started!

How to get started?
  • The Library Map has all prebuilt NPCs and Monsters from the Gamemaster's Guide, use those and the templates to make your own.
  • The Campsite map has some PC templates ready to be built. Once players have ownership, start by hitting the Character Creation Macro. It's guided, but you'll want the Player's Handbook ready, as no content is included.
Updates
I am looking for feedback - bear in mind it's intended as a barebones framework that takes out tedium, rather than one that supplies everything you could possibly need.
A lot of chat message formatting might be uninteresting, or downright bad.
The only major features I know I left out are:
  • Location generation tables - not intended to add
  • Demon generation tables - not intended to add
  • Random Encounter Tables - not intended to add
Changelog
  • 0.1 - Inital Release
  • 0.2 - Finished monster/NPC templates. Added a missing macro and cleaned up some bugs.
  • 0.3 - Finished the other missing NPC templates. Stronghold tracking done too! Also added a rudimentary library of Items/Talents that can be expanded so you don't have to manually add them to each token that needs it.
  • 1.0 - The feature complete version. Bugs fixed and features added. Item/Talent/Spell library functionality complete. Calendar and day/time tracking finished!
  • 1.1 - Bugfixes and typos.
  • 1.2 - More Bugfixes. New Features: GM can choose to not show non-PC skill rolls to Players. Ravenland Weather added and automated with a per-day change. Negative Dice work correctly with a explicit -success image. Transferring items between character inventories. Other miscellaneous additions and improvements.
  • 1.3 - Fixes to weather, and manual weather changing.
  • 1.4 - More minor fixes to numerous features.
  • 1.5 - Fixes to weather stuff, hiding all ".*[dD]oor.*" named tokens from item transfer macro.
Attachments
ForbiddenLandsFramework.zip
Campaign Framework File
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by Cold_Ankles on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 am, edited 13 times in total.

Phergus
Deity

Re: [Forbidden Lands] Framework

Post by Phergus »

Thanks for sharing with the community! Does Forbidden Lands have it's own rule system or using one of the other published systems?

Cold_Ankles
Kobold

Post by Cold_Ankles »

Assuming your question means what I think it means, I generalise it under the "Year Zero" rule system (name not confirmed) - shared with other RPGs from the same publisher like Mutant Year Zero and Tales from the Loop (it's not a d20 system, or a fork of Powered by the Apocalypse)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Cold_Ankles
Kobold

Post by Cold_Ankles »

I've been working on this framework again in an attempt to gear up for running a campaign myself. Recently added stronghold tracking and more NPC/Monster Templates.

Next steps are to add some basic time tracking as the passage of time really matters.

Cold_Ankles
Kobold

Post by Cold_Ankles »

I'm currently using this to run a Forbidden Lands campaign, fairly successfully. Though I usually come away with a list of bugs and improvements to make. Hence the latest 1.2 update with some stuff my players wanted - namely inventory transfer.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”