[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
pmbruner
Dragon

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by pmbruner »

Ok some good news and bad news...

First the bad, I had a major hardware malfunction and have been offline for the last week. I only just an hour ago got back online with new hardware and a new ISP, and a LOT lighter in the economic stimulus department... So I have not completed any of the code bashing as of yet.

Now for the good... I have some new really expansive hardware and a really fast connection (20 MBS Download and 5 MBS upload). AND I have Hero 6th PDFs fresh from Gencon in hand. From a game mechanic point of view there are no changes needed for any of the macros we have created as of yet. The only stat that has changed is COM, it is gone and has been replaced by the Talent "Striking Appearance".

Movement works the same except everything is measured in meters instead of hexes. But the 2 meters per hex thing will still work beautifully.

The only change to damage is that normal PD/ED now defend against the STUN of killing attacks (though they still don't affect the Body, for that you need resistant defenses).

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Did you grab my newly updated Export Format for 6th ed? It is in the vault if you haven't. I am also working on a special surprise export format that I will hopefully have finished by the end of the weekend although it will likely take another week or two to get it perfect.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

RPMiller wrote:Did you grab my newly updated Export Format for 6th ed? It is in the vault if you haven't. I am also working on a special surprise export format that I will hopefully have finished by the end of the weekend although it will likely take another week or two to get it perfect.
I sure did... I was pleasantly surprised to see it up so quickly after the release of the 6E Pdfs. I am looking forward to your "surprise" export format. You always do good work.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

pmbruner wrote:The only change to damage is that normal PD/ED now defend against the STUN of killing attacks (though they still don't affect the Body, for that you need resistant defenses).
How is that a change from 5e? In 5e, you applied PD/ED to resistant defenses for Stun of killing attacks too.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Beowulfe wrote:
pmbruner wrote:The only change to damage is that normal PD/ED now defend against the STUN of killing attacks (though they still don't affect the Body, for that you need resistant defenses).
How is that a change from 5e? In 5e, you applied PD/ED to resistant defenses for Stun of killing attacks too.
But I believe you had to have a resistant defense to begin with. If I understand what pmbruner is saying correctly, you get your PD/ED against STUN even if you don't have a resistant defense.

ImageImage

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

That is correct, under 5ER if you had no resistant defenses, then you had no defense vs killing stun or body. Under 6E if you have no resistant defenses, you still get your normal PD/ED vs killing stun, but have no defense against the killing body. So the only way to have defense vs killing body, under 6E, is to buy resistant PD or ED on some form or another (whether that be combat luck, Resistant PD/ED, Armor, FF now called Resistant Protection or FW now called Barrier).

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

I just checked it out. By the rules you do need to have at least one point of resistant defense to apply your normal defenses against killing stun. Which makes no sense to me. So, I go out and buy a leather cap, giving me 1 point of resistant defense to my head and suddenly I can apply my normal defenses to killing attacks on my foot. But, without that leather cap my PD is worthless. In any case I was unaware and my current macros take into effect normal defenses for killing stun always. And I don't plan to change it.

On a side note. If you guys are going to upgrade to 6th edition right off, you should just start your own thread for you own framework. If you want to use my macros as a starting point that is great. No need for credit or any such thing and I will always help if any of my code is confusing. Just make sure that when you get it to a usable state you have the thread moved to the Campaign Frameworks sub-forum. I have a link to that sub-forum from the tutorials website under Resources, so hopefully interested people can find it easier. I will get this one working and moved there shortly myself.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

brad wrote:I just checked it out. By the rules you do need to have at least one point of resistant defense to apply your normal defenses against killing stun. Which makes no sense to me. So, I go out and buy a leather cap, giving me 1 point of resistant defense to my head and suddenly I can apply my normal defenses to killing attacks on my foot. But, without that leather cap my PD is worthless. In any case I was unaware and my current macros take into effect normal defenses for killing stun always. And I don't plan to change it.
According to the (5e) rules, this would only work if your resistant PD comes into play. If you have covered your head with a leather cap and get hit in the foot, you get no stun defense vs a killing attack. You would need to be hit in the head. This has been the rule since first edition, AFAIR. (Well, disregarding hit locations. If you apply no rPD vs a KA, you get no stun protection.)

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

Ok thanks Brad, I will indeed start a new 6E thread. As it turns out I will need to setup a different base campaign preferences file because SPD, OCV, DCV, OMCV, DMCV (thhese last two replaced ECV) are bought from a flat base there is no figured characteristic. So in 6E Dex/3 is not your base CV. Each character starts with a base OCV and DCV of 3 and then buys OCV and DCV just like any other stat. It is quite possible in 6E to have a character with a Dex of 30, an OCV of 5, and a DCV of 3

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:
brad wrote:I just checked it out. By the rules you do need to have at least one point of resistant defense to apply your normal defenses against killing stun. Which makes no sense to me. So, I go out and buy a leather cap, giving me 1 point of resistant defense to my head and suddenly I can apply my normal defenses to killing attacks on my foot. But, without that leather cap my PD is worthless. In any case I was unaware and my current macros take into effect normal defenses for killing stun always. And I don't plan to change it.
According to the (5e) rules, this would only work if your resistant PD comes into play. If you have covered your head with a leather cap and get hit in the foot, you get no stun defense vs a killing attack. You would need to be hit in the head. This has been the rule since first edition, AFAIR. (Well, disregarding hit locations. If you apply no rPD vs a KA, you get no stun protection.)
I have to say I only find that only slightly less silly and I am surprised it took Hero 6 editions to get rid of it. However, if it has been around since 1st edition people must use it. And since it should be as simple as a single if() statement to implement I suppose I will do that for the next update. Especially since it will be as easy as deleting that if statement to get rid of it for my campaign :P

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

To be honest, the more I read 6e, the more I'm liking it. I was very apprehensive at first, but I'm starting to see more and more common sense was put in to 6e which in my book is a very good thing. And the best part is that the changes have been kept to a minimum.

ImageImage

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

RPMiller wrote:To be honest, the more I read 6e, the more I'm liking it. I was very apprehensive at first, but I'm starting to see more and more common sense was put in to 6e which in my book is a very good thing. And the best part is that the changes have been kept to a minimum.
Stop getting me interested in it! I have a schedule. Christmas gift for 6th ed. That way I don't have to pay for it. Willpower, I have willpower!!!!!

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

brad wrote:Stop getting me interested in it! I have a schedule. Christmas gift for 6th ed. That way I don't have to pay for it. Willpower, I have willpower!!!!!
Another really nice thing is that they did away with hexes and inches. Now everything is simply measured in meters. What makes that really cool is that your macros and they way that we have been playing are already set up for that since we have been doing the 1 hex = 1 meter. It's almost like Steve was reading your mind when he was working on 6th.

:twisted: :wink:

ImageImage

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

RPMiller wrote:
brad wrote:Stop getting me interested in it! I have a schedule. Christmas gift for 6th ed. That way I don't have to pay for it. Willpower, I have willpower!!!!!
Another really nice thing is that they did away with hexes and inches. Now everything is simply measured in meters. What makes that really cool is that your macros and they way that we have been playing are already set up for that since we have been doing the 1 hex = 1 meter. It's almost like Steve was reading your mind when he was working on 6th.

:twisted: :wink:
That is SO MUCH better for doing interior maps. I already switch to that scale for indoor fights. Plus, you can now use GURPS stuff.

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

brad wrote:
keithcurtis wrote:
I have to say I only find that only slightly less silly and I am surprised it took Hero 6 editions to get rid of it. However, if it has been around since 1st edition people must use it. And since it should be as simple as a single if() statement to implement I suppose I will do that for the next update. Especially since it will be as easy as deleting that if statement to get rid of it for my campaign :P
One thing I did when I was developing my Filemaker-based manager was to have a list of toggles in a central place. I could turn on and off critical hit rules, whether goons get recoveries, hit location tracking, etc. I haven't really delved into the nuts and bolts of your macros, but perhaps an approach like that might be easier for people to customize?

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”