[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
keithcurtis
Giant

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by keithcurtis »

I suggest eventually adding in a list of defensive powers that interact with damage. This would be useful for things like turning on a forcefield or donning armor.

Also, I haven't tested, but does your hit location routine modify damage by hit location? And is there an option to turn this off for folks who don't use it? Do you plan on eventually having the option for armor by hit location? Activation on Armor? Encumbrance DCV mods for armor?

I only ask this because I tend to use armor on activation, and use hit location only for flavor.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:The attack Dialog box is daunting. I don't know how difficult it is to do such a thing, but could options be grouped for better clarity?

Is it possible to add small graphic icons to increase recognition? If so, I would volunteer to create any graphics.

When you have the preprogrammed powers, I assume they will front load the attack dialog with the appropriate options?
The current attack macro(really I should rename it Attack, Generic) is just a catch all for when you don't have a token's powers preprogrammed(which is the first thing on the hot list). It can give you output for any power that requires a roll. It is a lot of stuff, but Hero requires it. If you can think of a way to condense it, but I couldn't. The good news is that it does have a memory. Every setting token used in its last attack in the default for the next time you use it.

And yes once we hit preprogrammed powers, a big chunk of that information is programmed in ahead of time.

I know you can do graphics in the dropdown lists, but I am not sure about else where.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:Initiative.

Currently, there is no way I see to track phases. Would it be possible to add a token that has a speed of 12 and dex of 99? You could call it "New Phase", since I assume giving each phase a distinctive name would be problematic. This would put a "New Phase" header before the characters that act in that phase. I would further assume that the sorting number cues you into what phase it was, but in reverse (12 down to 1)?
If this is so, could the sort order and number be modified to sort in an opposite direction, so that the first two digits would list the current phase?
The initiative pops up with your current speed, but you can override it. Then you are put into the initiative panel with the following number.

Phase + 0(no purpose other then a marker to set off the phase) + dex + int
So, speed 3, dex 12, int 13

Yes it does count backwards, which bothered me a lot at first(RPMiller referred to the discussion about it), but then I realized that really didn't matter in a tactical sense. You just had post segment 12 when everyone left phase 12 and then counted down. It works great and the computer takes care of the order for you.

Something to keep in mind. I actually have it add 20 to everyones dex and int. The reason is the system breaks down if anyones dex or int is not 2 digits. So, this only works with character's whose dex and int are in the range of -10 to 79. But, dex costs too much to go that high and I have never seen anyone push their int that high because of the lack of benefit.

The random d6 added to the dex and int that RPMiller talked about is something I like a lot, but have not added to this set as it is a house rule(I will do that for my own set later).

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:What does "skills_sheet_roll" do?

No matter what I input, I get: "getStrProp() requires exactly 1 parameters."
You are not supposed to be using the macros in the character sheet category. Those are just called macros. Use the Character Sheet in the top category and then clink on the links up top to navigate between pages. The "skills_sheet_roll" is actually called when you are on the Skill page of the character sheet and click on the name of a skill. It rolls the skill for you. I plan to implement more of that on the character sheet. Characteristic rolls, modifying characteristics, activating powers, etc.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

keithcurtis wrote:If so, I would volunteer to create any graphics.
...and that is why it is so awesome to have an artist in your corner. :D
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

keithcurtis wrote:I suggest eventually adding in a list of defensive powers that interact with damage. This would be useful for things like turning on a forcefield or donning armor.

Also, I haven't tested, but does your hit location routine modify damage by hit location? And is there an option to turn this off for folks who don't use it? Do you plan on eventually having the option for armor by hit location? Activation on Armor? Encumbrance DCV mods for armor?

I only ask this because I tend to use armor on activation, and use hit location only for flavor.
That is built into the Apply Damage macro. There is a Defense Builder with 20 slots. I just finished it. If your defense costs end you have to keep track of that manually. But, you select type, pd, ed, pd and ed(if same number), flash, mental, power. You select killing, normal, or stun_only(ignores that selection for flash attacks and such. You fill in the numbers for the various body parts. If they are all the same or you are not using hit location put the number in "whole_body". There is also an "average" slot for say you have a 3 pd/ed vest that just covers certain parts, in an explosion the GM might only want you to have 1 pd/ed of protection as that is a full body attack. There is a spot for activation, damage reduction, turn it on and off, and you will see the rest in a few days when I finish.

If you choose a hit location in the attack macro the hit penalties and stun modifiers are figured in(body multipliers have to happen in the soak for math reasons). If you choose "none" the hit location is rolled and the stun modifiers and figured in. If you choose whole body then killing damage gets the 1d6-1 stunX and normal gets the x1. I will go over it more in the tutorials.

pmbruner
Dragon

Post by pmbruner »

This is very cool and your timing is spot on, as I am just prepareing to start GMing a new FH campaign in a couple of weeks. We will give the new campaign properties and macros a go.

BTW what version of MT are you running this campaign in. Our group is currently using B53, but I can change to a newer build if there are advantages.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

pmbruner wrote:This is very cool and your timing is spot on, as I am just prepareing to start GMing a new FH campaign in a couple of weeks. We will give the new campaign properties and macros a go.

BTW what version of MT are you running this campaign in. Our group is currently using B53, but I can change to a newer build if there are advantages.
Happy to be of help. I am using the current build whenever I am coding, just to make sure that nothing new has broken anything. Though I think that as long as you are b51 or later they should work.

Just a note though, based on the reaction of your group to my last partial set of macros. They won't like the set until I finish the preprogrammed powers. Having to use the generic attack macro that is in there now for everything will drive them nuts. It sounds like it will be close as to whether I will have that part done by the time you start. I expect a stall as I integrate the states into everything. Making sure everything pops up and goes away when it is supposed to, as well as affecting DCV correctly.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

So, I just thought of an easy way to make the initiative macro handle any Dex or Int. I hate when something was so obvious and I just didn't think a little out of the box. Instead of adding 20 to everyones Dex and Int, I will have it add 500. I mean the computer is tracking the order, so large odd numbers don't really matter. With that large of a number the Initiative macro will work with a Dex or Int in the range of -400 to 499. I think that will be a safe range even in crazy campaigns. :lol:

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

brad wrote:So, I just thought of an easy way to make the initiative macro handle any Dex or Int. I hate when something was so obvious and I just didn't think a little out of the box. Instead of adding 20 to everyones Dex and Int, I will have it add 500. I mean the computer is tracking the order, so large odd numbers don't really matter. With that large of a number the Initiative macro will work with a Dex or Int in the range of -400 to 499. I think that will be a safe range even in crazy campaigns. :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Er... yea...

ImageImage

keithcurtis
Giant

Post by keithcurtis »

brad wrote:So, I just thought of an easy way to make the initiative macro handle any Dex or Int. I hate when something was so obvious and I just didn't think a little out of the box. Instead of adding 20 to everyones Dex and Int, I will have it add 500. I mean the computer is tracking the order, so large odd numbers don't really matter. With that large of a number the Initiative macro will work with a Dex or Int in the range of -400 to 499. I think that will be a safe range even in crazy campaigns. :lol:
Why not 100? It would be clearer what is going on, and I doubt there will ever be a dex in that range. If there is, then there's no point in recording it. He always goes first, acts every phase and hits anything he aims at.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Unless he rolls an 18. ;)

Kidding aside, yea, I have to agree, 100 should be plenty big enough.

ImageImage

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Actually, 100 would not work. The number of digits has to stay the same for the macro to work. As soon as someone got drained to -1 dex or int the macro would break. And really as long as long as the first part of number of the phase stays clear, does it matter what the rest is? The macro does this.

Speed 3, dex 15, int 17
phase + 0 + (dex +500(or whatever we decide on)) + (int+500)

I expect for most players, no matter what we do to the last past of the number it will be too annoying for them to look at. They will just look at the number in front of that 0 to see what phase it is. Speaking of which, do you guys think that the one 0 sets it off enough or should I add a second?

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Wow. Brad you have been busy. I have looked at what you have done. I think I will need the tutorials to help explain what some things (macros) are suppose to do... :-)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Bengalelf wrote:Wow. Brad you have been busy. I have looked at what you have done. I think I will need the tutorials to help explain what some things (macros) are suppose to do... :-)
Thanks. Lately my free time has been more of the macro programming type, rather then the no one in same room watching tv type needed for tutorials, so I have been able to make some headway. I will probably just wait until I have the "Apply Damage" macro done before I do the tutorials, as I have a chunk done at this point. I have put your other stuff on the back burner for a bit until I get this new set functional.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”