Dungeon and Cave tiles

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Fuzz
Kobold

Dungeon and Cave tiles

Post by Fuzz »

Hi all, recently discovered RPTools and just messing around making tiles and macros to get my group going. Others have done it before and done it better but it's fun to tinker. Tiles are easy visibility and simple so I can make whatever I need (that and I'm no artist). Rough sample maps to show what they can do are below. Maybe someone can get some use out of them. If my game group ever gets around to starting I'll add more stuff as I make it.

Gallery link:
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Fuzz/

Phergus
Deity

Re: Dungeon and Cave tiles

Post by Phergus »

Very nice! Welcome to the forums.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Agreed! The curving stonework in the first one is particularly good. Looking at the curved sections I don't see any obvious repetition -- did you use images with individual stone blocks or multiple stones?

And yes, "Welcome to RPTools!" :)

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Just wanted to echo the above and say these are all very nice - I downloaded them and added them to my library as soon as I saw 'em.

A bold first move! ;)

Fuzz
Kobold

Post by Fuzz »

Azhrei wrote:Looking at the curved sections I don't see any obvious repetition -- did you use images with individual stone blocks or multiple stones?
Each curved piece is drawn with multiple blocks.

The 10' radius is based on a 90 degree arc, so 4 repetitions in a circle. The 20' radius is based on a 45 degree arc with a flipped copy to fill the other half of a 90 degree arc, so it's an 8 piece circle where every second piece repeats and every other piece repeats the flipped version.

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

I really like the "curved" dungeon tiles !
Thanks.
ImageImageImageImage

Fuzz
Kobold

Post by Fuzz »

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words.

Added tiles to make 30' radius curves. Or for those thinking in terms of pixels that makes curves at 100, 200 and 300 pixel radius.

Connecting corridors to the strange angles of the new curves can sometimes be a bit messy. As a workaround I build the corridors close to where they need to connect, then if needed fill any gap with a small wall piece unlocked from the grid and moved into position. It works well enough for now.

Vex
Kobold

Post by Vex »

Just got the whole collection; much-needed addition to my resources! Great work! Cheers!

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”