[Map] Dwimmermount complete

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

zapicm
Kobold

[Map] Dwimmermount complete

Post by zapicm »

I have completed a project to make a MapTool campaign for the mega dungeon Dwimmermount. The project includes levels 0 to 8 using the set of tiles from Torstan, and the cave walls by Fuzz (thanks to both, they are fantastic). Level 7 is the direct map from Tim, as I could not find any other way of making it justice. Level 9 is a city / wilderness level, so I will not be adapting it.

I have created a full campaign file with my ACKS framework, and the individual levels are also to download as separate files, see below. The version of the campaign file is 1.3.b87. All the maps include line of sight. I have not added many elements to the dungeon besides the walls and the few symbols that appear on the original map.

Downloads:
Credits
Full campaign file
Level 0: The Divintarium
Level 1: Path of Mavors
Level 2A: Laboratory
Level 2B: Reliquary
Level 3A: House of Portals
Level 3B: Reservoir
Level 4: Halls of Lesser Secrets
Level 5: Halls of Greater Secrets
Level 6A: The Ossuaries
Level 6B: The Manufactory
Level 7: The Deep Hollows
Level 8: The Prision
Last edited by zapicm on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 am, edited 13 times in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st level

Post by wolph42 »

Very nice, quite a bit of work. Thanks for sharing
One thing, I was checking out how the caves looked from the players perspective when I noticed you forgot a vbl on coord 13,87 and 16,82 (you can see coords on the lower right of your screen)

If you're going to do other levels, you can connect them by using the teleport pads from my bag of tricks (link in sig.) check it out.

zapicm
Kobold

Post by zapicm »

Thank you for noticing the vbl. I was so focused on the external walls that I forgot some of the internal areas. Also, I never realized about the coordinates, so thanks for adding that tip. I have updated the file on the original link.

I am planning to keep adding levels, so I will definitively take a look at your teleporter pads. I am still not sure on the final implementation, but it really covers one area that I was not sure about.

Thanks again!

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Oh great !
I plan to play an occasional campaign set in Dwimmermount (when we can't play the regular ones, short of a player, for exeample) and this will come handy.
THanks.
ImageImageImageImage

zapicm
Kobold

Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st and 2nd levels

Post by zapicm »

I have updated the map with the second level, and revised the VBL on level 1. I am working on incorporating a macro to move tokens from map to map, but I am still not sure on how to do it simple. Wolph macro is awesome, but I am too green to understand how it works.

Enjoy!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

zapicm wrote:I have updated the map with the second level, and revised the VBL on level 1. I am working on incorporating a macro to move tokens from map to map, but I am still not sure on how to do it simple. Wolph macro is awesome, but I am too green to understand how it works.

Enjoy!
Watch the vids

zapicm
Kobold

Post by zapicm »

Thank you, that was very informative. I am trying to keep the map as simple as possible, so I am not planning to include the bag of tricks directly. What I will do is to rename all the stairs tiles with the naming convention that your macros use, so it will be easier for anyone to incorporate the macros to their games.

Thanks!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

zapicm wrote:Thank you, that was very informative. I am trying to keep the map as simple as possible, so I am not planning to include the bag of tricks directly. What I will do is to rename all the stairs tiles with the naming convention that your macros use, so it will be easier for anyone to incorporate the macros to their games.

Thanks!

thats a nice alternative!

zapicm
Kobold

Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A and 3A levels

Post by zapicm »

Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.
I have also included the naming convention for the teleporters from Wolph42's bag of tricks to the stairs. The module itself is not included in the map.

Enjoy!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

zapicm wrote:Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.
I have also included the naming convention for the teleporters from Wolph42's bag of tricks to the stairs. The module itself is not included in the map.

Enjoy!
holy cow batman, those maps are HUGE, awesome work.
I did run a check on your maps with the bag of tricks and got a couple of errors:
Error: found only one InterPad 1 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 2 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 3 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 10 on map Level 2A

for the interpads to work, they need to be paired, e.g. 'interPad 1' on 'level 1', is connected to 'interPad 1' on any other level. If another 'InterPad 1' is not found on another level, then obviously it can't be paired and will thus not work. To fix this you simply need to make sure that those two pads have (stairs on lvl 1 connected to stairs lvl2) have the same number.

zapicm
Kobold

Post by zapicm »

wolph42 wrote:
zapicm wrote:Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.

Enjoy!
holy cow batman, those maps are HUGE, awesome work.
I did run a check on your maps with the bag of tricks and got a couple of errors:
Error: found only one InterPad 1 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 2 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 3 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 10 on map Level 2A

for the interpads to work, they need to be paired, e.g. 'interPad 1' on 'level 1', is connected to 'interPad 1' on any other level. If another 'InterPad 1' is not found on another level, then obviously it can't be paired and will thus not work. To fix this you simply need to make sure that those two pads have (stairs on lvl 1 connected to stairs lvl2) have the same number.
Thanks for the feedback. I missed the stairs that connect to InterPad 10 completely on map 3A. The pads 1 to 3 are there for the level 2B, that it is still in the works. I have renamed them to InterPadx in the meantime, so they don't trigger errors. I have uploaded a new version with just those changes.

Yes, the maps are really huge; I am loving the challenge :) I am half way there at this point, unless the final release of the module have more maps in stock.

zapicm
Kobold

Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A, 2B and 3A levels

Post by zapicm »

Added level 2B to the map

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Great job a lot of work went into this thanks. It's too bad I can't get the module to go with it. The kickstarter seems to be closed to donations.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

zapicm
Kobold

Post by zapicm »

I am sure that they will eventually publish it for sale. Maybe by that time I would have finished, the current levels are just half of it :D

zapicm
Kobold

Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2 & 3 levels

Post by zapicm »

Updated map with level 3B. I have also recreated the VBL on level 2A.

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”