[Campaign: DnD 4e] The Lost Mines of Karak

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Goumindong
Giant

[Campaign: DnD 4e] The Lost Mines of Karak

Post by Goumindong »

This was made in 1.3b45 but seemed to play in b49 just fine when i finished it up for my group. I want to apologize for the long delay. I don't release until after my group has finished a module and well the holidays and various other setbacks meant that it took us a lot longer than I expected to finish.

When we played through there were a lot of typos and a couple problems with macros. I think i got them all, but if i didn't and you notice something, just let me know and i'll fix it.

I will not make the topography on the castle any nicer looking, too bad.

As usual, you will need the material from DnD Insider to play, this is the fourth installment in the scales of war.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmmytnvzyn4

Link to the other 3 modules:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2688 ... 63b54647b1

If you have any requests, i might be able to get to them, but i've been a lot busier lately.

emirikol
Dragon

Re: [Campaign: DnD 4e] The Lost Mines of Karak

Post by emirikol »

These sound like the Karak Azgal mines :) If you're looking for ideas for your campaign, you can find good ideas there too.

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Thanks for posting and sharing this material.

I'm going to run the campaign and this helps me a lot in the preparation.

The maps are really good as they are in the magazines. I would have photoshopped the room numbers out myself. But I can work with that. I prefer scanned maps over recreating them with dundjinni. I wonder what they make theirs in wotc.

I've looked at your monster tokens and noticed some stuff in the macro code. Like with the shifter, and its "toggle" Shift ability. Now, I usually have the ability stats filled with the stats from the monster entry. Your solution was pretty well handled, since one doesn't use the stats out of the properties a lot anyway (well, at least I don't, I don't play with all automated macros).

I see my properties lack some of what makes some of your powers work...I'll have to modify them.

Edit: How does setting Combat Advantage On/Off work?

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

Combat advantage on/off is just a toggle.

The toggle macro checks for a variable in the character sheet and if it finds that variable it sets it to zero and then sends a message to the GM that it turned CA off. If it doesn't find the variable it sets the value equal to 2 and then sends a message to the GM that it turned CA on.

In each attack roll(not multiple attacks) i just add the variable right into the roll. So if they have CA they get a +2 bonus to the roll and if they don't its a +0. Similarly i have an if statement that triggers if it finds a value for the variable other than zero and indicates that CA was had. I use pretty much the same method to add in special damages based on CA, or any other status.

Sorry that i don't have the next one up yet, my game has been delayed by myself having too much other stuff going on.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

No problem, I'll be looking forward to your next work when you release it.

Now that you told me how it works, I think the CA variable thing is brilliant. I think I'll want to work it into my stuff too. Thanks!

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

You can also do the same thing with states. Which is a bit easier to deal with as you can see if its toggled on or not.

I am not sure if i will be migrating to that for the next map, but i am thinking about it(i am about half done and have the new states list, but don't want to re-do all the tokens).

So it will probably not show up in "Den of the Destroyer". But will show up in "the temple between"

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

How would that work exactly, using states? I'm too late for using it on the adventure I've just finished preparing (KotS), but I might in the future.

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

FdL wrote:How would that work exactly, using states? I'm too late for using it on the adventure I've just finished preparing (KotS), but I might in the future.
check the gnoll macros, there is one there for the bloodied state(since it triggers extra damage for them)

Basically you set an in macro variable (i.e. one that doesn't exist on the character sheet) based on an if statement relating to the value.

E.G.

If the state is HasCA it would look something like

[h:CA=if(state.HasCA==1,2,0)]

Or some such( i forget the correct syntax)

And then your attack roll would have the same +CA value in there just as i have +strength or whatever i am using for that macro.

That way, when you toggle CA and sneak attack, you can see whether its on at a glance or not.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Great!

I made a toggle macro which toggles the state and changes the value of the property accordingly.

Code: Select all

/gm [R:if(state.ComAd==1, "Set Combat Advantage OFF", " Set Combat Advantage ON")]
[H:CombatAdvantage=if(state.ComAd==1,0,2)]
[H:state.ComAd=if(CombatAdvantage==0,0,1)]
I think this will be very useful, even if I'll have to add it to all my monster tokens. Thanks!

I found that using the short name "CA" for the CombatAdvantage property didn't work. In fact, "CAdv" didn't work either. Any known reasons to this?

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

If you use the state, you don't need to use the /gm workaround(or any sort of text notification). It will appear on their token as a state that everyone can see(assuming you have some sort of graphic for it). You can just hide everything and set the state.

FdL
Giant

Post by FdL »

Goumindong wrote:If you use the state, you don't need to use the /gm workaround(or any sort of text notification). It will appear on their token as a state that everyone can see(assuming you have some sort of graphic for it). You can just hide everything and set the state.
I actually use it from the perspective of the monsters, so it's hidden for players, and thus I don't mind the text reminder.

seraph1m
Kobold

Post by seraph1m »

How did you extract the maps? The maps in Dungeon Magazine are so small...:p

oggmosh
Cave Troll

Post by oggmosh »

download the map gallery for the relevant Dungeon magazine from the Wizards website: http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx ... dungeon159

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”