[1.3.b49] Token image rotates with Facing Change

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Rumble
Deity

[1.3.b49] Token image rotates with Facing Change

Post by Rumble »

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but when using top-down style token images, I would greatly enjoy having the facing change actually rotate the token image to match the facing (and as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to do it without setTokenImage() chicanery).

I recognize a couple concerns here:

1. If it's universal, then pog-style tokens could rotate and that would be strange.
2. I don't know how that would interact with Bars and States

I'm sure there are more. An alternative would be to have some sort of Preferences/Campaign Property to set the facing-change behavior. Currently the only way to rotate-on-facing change is to have the tokens set as objects, which is not good for obvious reasons.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [1.3.b49] Token image rotates with Facing Change

Post by Azhrei »

Rumble wrote:I'm sure this has been brought up before, but when using top-down style token images, I would greatly enjoy having the facing change actually rotate the token image to match the facing (and as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to do it without setTokenImage() chicanery).
Um, doesn't it already work this way?

I just started up b48, changed a token to "Top-down", and when I right-click and choose Set Facing, the token image rotates.

Or are you saying that when using macro functions to change the facing, the image doesn't rotate?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Azhrei wrote:
Rumble wrote:I'm sure this has been brought up before, but when using top-down style token images, I would greatly enjoy having the facing change actually rotate the token image to match the facing (and as far as I can tell, there isn't a way to do it without setTokenImage() chicanery).

I just started up b48, changed a token to "Top-down", and when I right-click and choose Set Facing, the token image rotates.

Or are you saying that when using macro functions to change the facing, the image doesn't rotate?

I am wondering if he is talking about the mouse-over portrait, cause otherwise, I am with you and it does not make sense.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Azhrei wrote:

I am wondering if he is talking about the mouse-over portrait, cause otherwise, I am with you and it does not make sense.
Oh you have got to be friggin' kidding me. I never knew there was "Top Down" option in the token properties (and wondered how people got by with the top down tokens that always faced a particular direction). Boy are my cheeks red.

Had I known that, I wouldn't have created macros to change the token image so that facing would change.

Nevermind. False alarm. But thank you.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

This is addressed by 1.3b54
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”