[1.3b50] Show dialog when CTRL-dragging in from Library

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Tyren
Giant

Re: [1.3b50] Show dialog when CTRL-dragging in from Library

Post by Tyren »

Thanks, I'll look at that. I hadn't pulled down the rplib code yet... Which explains why I couldn't find this. :)

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Wow, I feel like a total newbie in Eclipse/Java. *sigh* I got the rplib/trunk pulled down, and I can edit the code. But I can't get the library to build/update in the maptools/trunk workspace.

Any help? I looked through the past "how to" and such, but I haven't found anything yet.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Tyren wrote:Wow, I feel like a total newbie in Eclipse/Java. *sigh* I got the rplib/trunk pulled down, and I can edit the code. But I can't get the library to build/update in the maptools/trunk workspace.

Any help? I looked through the past "how to" and such, but I haven't found anything yet.

I am I am not mistaken, you would need to edit the maptool project to reference the rplib project instead of the rplib's jarfile itself.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Tried that, but it doesn't seem to want to actually BUILD the new rplib JAR file. So all I have is the old one.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hmm, i've never tried to build the rplib -- sorry!

(Oh, wait a minute. Did you look for a build.xml in the rplib project? You can right-click and choose "Ant build...". There will likely be some errors, but as long as it gets as far as "generate-jar" you should be fine. Then look in the tmp folder under the rplib Workspace directory for the JAR file. That's what I did for my MapTool JAR because I haven't checked out the entire package either.)

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Amazingly, I've managed to get it working, but now that my changes span across projects, I'm not 100% it is right.

I'd attach the patches here for you guys to review, but the system won't let me attach files that end in .PATCH or .TXT

Suggestions?

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Trying with a zip file.
Attachments
dialogoverride.zip
The changes to support the dialog override.
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Appears to be working here.

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Cool. I'm not too sure of the process here. I could e-mail this to Trevor. But I'd like for a few people to "like" this fix before he takes it.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I know that I would find it handy. 90% of the time I want a token to come in with the defaults but the other 10% of the time I need to change something. This makes it easier.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

You're going to make me try this on my Mac, aren't you?

Dinner is in a few minutes, but I'll apply the patch in a few hours and report back when I've done so. And I'll try it with the external mouse as well as the single-button touchpad. That should be interesting. :)

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Cool thanks. This just uses the standard DragAndDrop tools, I didn't do any fancy "keyboard" things. I just enabled the MOVE and COPY for the drag. And the default is move. So I assume on Mac that you have a key you can press to make it do the copy action. On PC it's CTRL. *shrug* I'm interested to see how this works on Mac too.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Tyren wrote:So, it looks like the drop is always coming in as "COPY". I assume that when we "start" the drag/drop action we can set the action. But I can't seem to find where we do this. Any help?
Its kinda complicated because every system has a -- some times very -- different way of dealing with Drag and Drop and it has to abstract them all, the following article describes it in more detail than I could ;)
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-0 ... tml?page=1

Tyren
Giant

Post by Tyren »

Yeah, I used the built-in way of doing things. I think it'll be good.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Tyren wrote:Cool thanks. This just uses the standard DragAndDrop tools, I didn't do any fancy "keyboard" things. I just enabled the MOVE and COPY for the drag. And the default is move. So I assume on Mac that you have a key you can press to make it do the copy action. On PC it's CTRL. *shrug* I'm interested to see how this works on Mac too.
I believe its the mac key on Mac os X. On Linux it will depend how they did it, it may be control or shift and control...

Return to “Resolved”