[1.3.b50] get/setMacroProps to include "Apply To Selected"

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Mathemagician
Dragon

[1.3.b50] get/setMacroProps to include "Apply To Selected"

Post by Mathemagician »

As the subject states, I'd like to be able to change whether a macro is applied to selected tokens with the setMacroProps function. The primary purpose for this is for creating macros within macros. Presently, every macro that my macros create must be manually edited to uncheck that box. It's not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it : )

Lindharin
Dragon

Re: [1.3.b50] get/setMacroProps to include "Apply To Selected"

Post by Lindharin »

I agree that it would be nice for get/setMacroProps to support that property like it does the others.

Just as an FYI, I believe Craig has prepared a patch that changes the default when you create a macro button from within macro code so that it defaults off so if no one gets to this feature request by b51, at least the default will be more friendly.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Lindharin wrote:I agree that it would be nice for get/setMacroProps to support that property like it does the others.

Just as an FYI, I believe Craig has prepared a patch that changes the default when you create a macro button from within macro code so that it defaults off so if no one gets to this feature request by b51, at least the default will be more friendly.
Hmm I can't recall creating such a patch, and I don't have the code for it... But then again I can't be sure I didn't say that I would create such a patch either, so I guess I better create it and send it. While I am at it I will address some of the missing button properties as well.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Craig wrote:Hmm I can't recall creating such a patch, and I don't have the code for it... But then again I can't be sure I didn't say that I would create such a patch either, so I guess I better create it and send it. While I am at it I will address some of the missing button properties as well.
Might I suggest that the fields passed to setMacroProps() do a string search between the parameter passed in and the text of the checkboxes? I'm just thinking that if a new checkbox is added called, "Azhrei's Feature", it might be nice for the user to just add "azhrei=1". This would mean that somebody editing the macro options panel doesn't have to scan the code base looking for other places that require patching as well.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Azhrei wrote:
Craig wrote:Hmm I can't recall creating such a patch, and I don't have the code for it... But then again I can't be sure I didn't say that I would create such a patch either, so I guess I better create it and send it. While I am at it I will address some of the missing button properties as well.
Might I suggest that the fields passed to setMacroProps() do a string search between the parameter passed in and the text of the checkboxes? I'm just thinking that if a new checkbox is added called, "Azhrei's Feature", it might be nice for the user to just add "azhrei=1". This would mean that somebody editing the macro options panel doesn't have to scan the code base looking for other places that require patching as well.
The problem is you cant tell whats what. The dialog is made up of a couple of tabs and there is no reason new features would not be on new tabs. Throw in the fact that i wouldn't be able to get which are GM only and which players can edit (there is only 1 at the moment, but who knows in the future). I know its a pain having to add them but since 1.3 is nearing the end of its cycle I don't know if its worth a big change to the dialog code and a smallish one to the setMacroProps() function to make it easier to add the odd check box (not even sure if more will be added).

Lindharin
Dragon

Post by Lindharin »

Craig wrote:Hmm I can't recall creating such a patch, and I don't have the code for it... But then again I can't be sure I didn't say that I would create such a patch either, so I guess I better create it and send it.
We talked about it in this thread. I've still got the change in my eclipse code, so I can easily send it to Trevor if you didn't. It was just one line that needed to be changed.

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Lindharin wrote:
Craig wrote:Hmm I can't recall creating such a patch, and I don't have the code for it... But then again I can't be sure I didn't say that I would create such a patch either, so I guess I better create it and send it.
We talked about it in this thread. I've still got the change in my eclipse code, so I can easily send it to Trevor if you didn't. It was just one line that needed to be changed.
I have made the change since I went back in to the code to add the other properties for buttons ;)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Craig wrote:The problem is you cant tell whats what. The dialog is made up of a couple of tabs and there is no reason new features would not be on new tabs. Throw in the fact that i wouldn't be able to get which are GM only and which players can edit (there is only 1 at the moment, but who knows in the future). I know its a pain having to add them but since 1.3 is nearing the end of its cycle I don't know if its worth a big change to the dialog code and a smallish one to the setMacroProps() function to make it easier to add the odd check box (not even sure if more will be added).
Yeah, I suppose. :(

I sometimes tend to go a little overboard in trying to implement structure. You can just ignore me when I get into that mode... ;)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Azhrei wrote:
Craig wrote:The problem is you cant tell whats what. The dialog is made up of a couple of tabs and there is no reason new features would not be on new tabs. Throw in the fact that i wouldn't be able to get which are GM only and which players can edit (there is only 1 at the moment, but who knows in the future). I know its a pain having to add them but since 1.3 is nearing the end of its cycle I don't know if its worth a big change to the dialog code and a smallish one to the setMacroProps() function to make it easier to add the odd check box (not even sure if more will be added).
Yeah, I suppose. :(

I sometimes tend to go a little overboard in trying to implement structure. You can just ignore me when I get into that mode... ;)
No I agree with you, I originally looked at that option... But then there was the thought of too much change for 1.3 :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

This is addressed in 1.3b54
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”