[1.3] FREQ: tokenMoveMap(map, x, y, z)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

[1.3] FREQ: tokenMoveMap(map, x, y, z)

Post by lmarkus001 »

Waaaay back Trevor had worked on a "Token Pouch" which was going to give us some functionality toward moving tokens from one map to another... one thing led to another and this fell by the wayside.

Right now, the only way to move maps is Copy-Cut/Paste. This causes the following issues:
  • New Token ID -- Any character sheet frames no longer work on the pasted token as the token ID has changed.
  • Token management -- if you Copy/Paste, you get duplicates of tokens that now you need to manage the updates to both, if you Cut/Paste you have the uneasy feeling while the token is gone...
  • Placement Issues -- If you Copy-Cut/Paste a Group of tokens, they get pasted onto the map VERY haphazardly. I often have to use the Map Explorer to find some of the tokens.
So I would like to request a new macro function: tokenMoveMap(map, x, y, z)

This should preserve the tokenID and allow you to specify exactly where to move the token. As a default, the x,y,z coordinates could be set to 0 or left as they are.

Natha
Dragon

Re: [1.3] FREQ: tokenMoveMap(map, x, y, z)

Post by Natha »

I used Cut/Paste myself and I second the "unseay feeling" ... well, I may even say "fear" (of loosing the tokens if maptool has a problem/bug or if I'm doing something wrong).
When I can, I save the campaign before the cut, but saving can take some time if the campaign is big so it's not always doable in the middle of an arsh battle.
ImageImageImageImage

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: [1.3] FREQ: tokenMoveMap(map, x, y, z)

Post by trevor »

Added for 1.3b54 (Craig W)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Resolved”