Tyrs PF

Games run on MapTool that are not (actively) recruiting, to be used as an out-of-game communication between players and GMs.
Melil13
Kobold

Tyrs PF

Post by Melil13 »

Post your Character Concepts / Builds here.
Make your character Sheets Here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php
Fill it in as best as you can till i can confirm how we are doing stats and lvl.

Note also you will have to Edit the skills From the 3.5 Sheet to Pathfinder Skills.
You can just copy mine i listed them all.

Here is an Example:

Paladin: Soldier of Faith.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=290739

Name: "Tristan Al'Kind": Translates to Tristan The Kind.

Concept:
A soldier of faith, a vetted warrior who's faith has seen him through the toughest of battles.Tristan believes whole hardly that the faith in his god has been the only reason he is alive where so many others have fallen. Now he dedicates his life to his god in the only way he knows how, as a soldier and honorable man.

caelashk
Kobold

Re: Tyrs PF

Post by caelashk »

Well, here's a start for Meyrin (Half-elf rogue)

Concept:
Meyrin is a charismatic young half-elf whose tongue gets her into trouble almost as much as out of it - and she wouldn't have it any other way. She's a thrill seeker at heart, often putting her life on the line simply for the rush of adrenaline that comes with it. However, that's only one aspect of her strong personality and values. She follows the belief that the pursuit of happiness is the ultimate goal, and what makes her happier than anything is often the feeling she gets in bringing joy to others. She knows that it's naive and cliche, but she'll follow her beliefs to the grave if she has to... Luckily, thanks to her quick wit and prowess with a shortbow, she hasn't had to cross that line just yet.
Meyrin also has a fondness of magic, but it would seem hasn't been blessed with the gift of actually being able to draw upon the arcane energies herself - instead, she spends a lot of her spare time learning the ins and outs of magical devices, and has become quite proficient with finding loopholes that allow her to work devices that she otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Well, there's mine. As soon as we get the rest of the information, I'll continue the character sheet.

Araith
Kobold

Post by Araith »

Here's my CS.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=291220

Araith (Dwarf Cleric)
Concept:
Chaotic Good Cleric seeking adventure. Curious by nature. He is simply seeking to explore the world he has seen too little of and hopes to accomplish some good along the way.

I used an online char generator. Not sure how to calculate spell saves. Other than that I think I filled everything else in.
Let me know what you think.

Jabby
Cave Troll

Post by Jabby »

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

I know i havent talked to all of you yet about your characters ...

I need you to PM me with your Complete Back stories so far i think only Caelashk has done so.

Jabby i know you said you werent big on back story ... just give me highlights.

Why your Adventuring? (Gold, Fame, Maybe a more specific reason)

Where did you learn your Skills/Training?

What lead you to come to this place?

(IE Most of you were told you will be looking for a particular Person. Not all for the same reasons ...)

I may not have revealed who as of yet ... that is to be handled PM by PM.

Edit---------------------------------
If you want to make any changes now is the time to do it...

As far as i am concerned up till i say differently you can change anything you feel the need to change.

IE probably around the time we get to the New World.

These first few sessions i am going to be playing around with monsters getting a feel for you as a party.
*Seeing If the Fighter can solo 10 goblins, but the rogue cant take down 1. I can then have to throw in a big Warrior baddie in (at times) to occupy the Fighter while keeping the minions down to an ammount that wont kill the rest of you.

You should be doing the same with your characters in-regards to the party.

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

Recap Session 1:

The party awoke on a boat in a frozen river ... on their way to an island outside of the Imperials Reach.
In search of a man named Logan, for what ever their reasons.

They noticed something strange on the shore which turned out to be an ambush by some unknown attackers.
The battled opened up with a ranged battle of boat to boat where the PCs started to overwhelm the attackers.

In a few rounds the bandits reached the players boat and set down board bridges. Over which our Fighter Charged
them with support from the Cleric to quickly take down entire boat full of bandits.

In the mean time the bandits gravely wounded a kind warrior on board.

Then a tougher opponent appeared and manged to damage the ship (through sheer luck).

The party managed to beat him into a retreat but failed to take him down. (So close...)

The party then made a daring escape by boat towards the shores of an unsure destiny ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here i will ask for comments, opinions, feedback.

What did you like about the session? Dislike?

Were things 2 difficult? 2 Easy?

Or any last min. things you want to get in. (Ie as we approach beat i ready my bow or on the board ride i wanted to do this.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tristan (the man in armor who got wrecked by triple crits and some how managed to stand), slips into Unconsciousness. While the Elven Lady prays over him in a silent prayer to her gods. Its obvious she cares greatly for him ...

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

Recap
--------------------------------
The party spent the next few days trying to weather out the storm in the lighthouse.

You met a little human girl,whos spirit now haunts the light house.

Tristan is in critical condition and the Mysterious powers in the light house are preventing him from healing.

You uncovered some weird magic held at the light house, using the souls of dead prisoners to protect an alter.

You are now preparing to brave the Storm trying to get Tristan to safty.
---------------------------------------
(I found my adventure ... here is some stuff i left out that you should have gotten.)

Araith was searching for loot and i pushed it off ... then Forgot about it.

So here is what you have acquired from the light house:
You find some pieces of Art Work, (Worth Roughly around 300 gold).
- But it may not benefit to take it out and about just yet
As well as a bag of gems worth about 150g
And 3 potions which can be identified as potions of cure light wounds.

Meyrin on top of that you found a bag of 50 gold pieces hidden in the desk you searched ealier.
Amongst these things was also a wand ... you will have to play with it to find out of what.

And Gruesome you find 3 scrolls:
2 of Alarm and 1 of a 1st lvl spell of your choice.

Jabby ... you get a wand with cure light wounds. (You werent actually there to get anything else.

On top of all of that as you were all going through things you find automatically.
1 set of Rope, 1 set of Climbing Gear, and 3 Hygiene kites (Including Soap, a Razor, a Mirror, a whet stone and a powder which gives off a strong smell)
You also find 2 tents big enough for 2 people each.

caelashk
Kobold

Post by caelashk »

During the days spent at the lighthouse, Meyrin took the time to try and get to know her companions a little better, to get a better feel for your personalities, likes/dislikes, disposition towards her own personality and so on. For the most part, she didn't press into anyone's back story or reasons for coming to the island, but most definitely wouldn't stop anyone who wanted to talk about such things, though she kept her own history mostly to herself for now, merely stating that she's looking for someone she doesn't really know all that much about if asked.
While she most definitely was interested in all of her party members, she would spend quite a bit more time getting to know Rem, perhaps a little charmed by his concern and generosity towards her, in addition to being intrigued by his affinity for the arcane arts. She still isn't sure if he can actually cast spells and is a full blown mage, but she's fairly certain that his knowledge of the arcane exceeds her own. Determining that she can trust him and that he's probably the best person around to ask for help, she reveals the wand she found to him and asks him to help determine what it might do. If need be, she'll try using it on some inanimate object, but I suppose we'll have to wait for next session for any results =P

gruesome
Kobold

Post by gruesome »

OK - for that scroll, it might be handy for that spell of my choice to be Identify.

Remminius would enjoy the time with Meyrin. As far as the wand, "I might be able to but I would need to study it for a time without distractions - may I take it into the next room and have a look?" And would then sneak off to a different room to cast Detect Magic and make a spellcraft check to see what he could glean from that. If that's not enough information, he'd use the Identify scroll and see what that tells him. Then he'd bring it back to Meyrin and let her know. If she insisted on staying with him during his study of the wand, he'd probably give in and let know that he does have some arcane abilitiy, and ask her to keep it under wraps. His abilities come to him naturally (or maybe supernaturally) and he doesn't quite understand them yet himself, but he knows if the wrong people find out he'll be "taken away."

I'm betting this may be the first half-elf he's ever ecountered, so he would be curious/fascinated by that (given the state of affairs between the races in this land), and might ask about it. If he sees she is annoyed by that line of questioning, he would apologize & drop it immediately.

AS far as the other members of the group, he'd probably just try to stay out of their way in whatever they were doing and keep his eyes and ears open to try to get some idea as to how far he could trust them.

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

If you want to roll your check go ahead :P i trust you enough.

You do Detect a Overwhelming Magical Aura ... but it comes not from the wand.
But it is making it difficult to focus on the wand.

From your guess it isnt a very strong magic stored in the wand and hasnt been used in the past few rounds ...

Your Spell Craft check DC is 16.

Should you pass i will let you know what effect the wand has.

gruesome
Kobold

Post by gruesome »

OK - spellcraft got a 21 (15+6)...
Rem would likely spend 3 rounds to get the necessary information he could by concentrating on the wand, then spend 3 rounds on the overwhelming aura, even though there's no chance he'll pass the DC on that one. A roll for good measure = 10 (4+6). In case there's anything else magical around he should have time to check it before the spell wears off, and rolls 23 (17+6).

caelashk
Kobold

Post by caelashk »

Meyrin would desire to stay with him, not out of mistrust or anything, but simple curiosity and intrigue. When started to say that he had some arcane ability, she would silence him, "You don't have to explain; I understand. Your secret is safe."
As for questioning about her half-elven lineage, she would regretfully inform him that she knows very little. "My elven father was gone before I was born, and my mother seldom spoke of him. I could always tell she was deeply in love with him and thought about him often though... Anyways, I grew up in the city, but things were never easy... Mom lost her shop and we had to move to the slums." She seemed to feel as if it was all her fault. "I hope since I left things have gotten better for her since I left." A smile accompanied her words, to state that she wasn't sad about her past, and optimistic about the future. She trusted that he wouldn't treat her differently because of her heritage.

Melil13
Kobold

Post by Melil13 »

Gruesome you know it is a Wand of Vanish.

See Sorcerer/Wizard spell:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/vanish

You know its a Glamor spell of 3rd lvl (Caster lvl). That will cause the touch creature to be invisible for 3 rounds unless they preform certain actions.
(ie attack)

There currently are 60 charges, left on the wand.

You are capable of aiding Meyrin in casting the spell ... but not in combat or a stressful environment. This goes against normal rules but i think necessary since its a high UMD check (DC 21). With her current 8 UMD and the +2 she can get from having activated the wand before things can go in her favor more often.

caelashk
Kobold

Post by caelashk »

I've got some bad news u.u
Next session will be my last for quite a while, as I'll be going on hiatus for several months. D;
...I've received a job offer from my recruiter (Airforce) and I ship out to basic training on Tuesday the 24th
Sorry guys, I really loved playing with you ;_;
Hopefully, you'll still be doing something I can jump in on when I finish basic and make it to tech school.

Araith
Kobold

Post by Araith »

I unfortunately also have bad news. I am beginning a full-time job that will take up most of my extra time. I also had fun and thank you guys for playing. Good luck!

Return to “Running Campaigns”