Original Recruiting Thread

Moderator: tygaran

Doopri
Cave Troll

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(WL Only)

Post by Doopri »

wow so sid is at 700 xp total huh? nice!

and grauz, I look forward to spending quite a bit of time cowering behind kindling from now on :)

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

I can't make it tonight. Sorry. I don't think this will keep up, but it might, so if you want to sub another defender in on my sheet let me know and i'll pass permissions on.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

I'll get the session log up as soon as I edit it a bit, but here's the current status...

Those who made it to the last session gained 405 XP each. 35 gp was looted from the thugs who helped kidnap Aristillus' sister. The party has not yet spent any significant time searching for loot in the crypts of Duros Manor

Characters
Shananna - Eladrin Rogue - Level 2 (1705 xp)
Aristillus - Half-Elf Starlock - Level 2 (1555 xp)
Grauz - Human Shaman - Level 2 (1400 xp)
Siddhartha - Deva Druid - Level 2 (1105 xp)
Orin - Dwarf Fighter - Level 2 (1200 xp)

Let me know if my XP figures don't mesh with yours.

Sid, I'll want your new feat and Utility power selects before the game this saturday.
Orin, I awarded 200 xp as Orin did not take part in any of the combat encounters (well, 205 really, but I had already given you the 5 to get you up to 2nd level)

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Just an FYI on those Dolgaunt's auras. Here is the text from the MM glossary:

"A creature usually suffers the effects of an aura at the start of its turn, upon entering the aura, or both, as noted in the aura’s description."

So if you were marked and started your turn next to the Dolgaunt, you'd be immobilized and have a chance to save vs the effect at the end of your turn. If the Dolgaunt then missed you, you'd no longer be marked.

The aura is suspiciously absent from the DDi Compendium however.

To inform Grauz: total of 510 XP each; Loot includes Starweave Leather +1 (Aris), Black Iron Scale +1 (Orin), Bloodcut Hide +1 (Sid), Catstep Boots (Shan), Watchful Spirit Totem +1 (Grauz), a Bag of Holding, 100 gp in coins, 180 gp worth of fine gems, and another portal wardstone similar to the one recovered at Underhill.

I believe both healing potions that were found were used up during combat

triumphtt
Cave Troll

Post by triumphtt »

tygaran wrote:I believe both healing potions that were found were used up during combat
No I did not use the other, I was about to but the evil thing died on the next hit.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

triumphtt wrote:
tygaran wrote:I believe both healing potions that were found were used up during combat
No I did not use the other, I was about to but the evil thing died on the next hit.
I was probably confusing it with someone turning in Grauz's Daily regen effect.

So the group still has the one Healing Potion left.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I'm really sorry for the short notice, but I've just been invited to a friend's graduation party for Saturday. I won't be able to make this week's game... except for perhaps very briefly, and perhaps while very drunk.

triumphtt
Cave Troll

Post by triumphtt »

Five_Monkeys wrote:I'm really sorry for the short notice, but I've just been invited to a friend's graduation party for Saturday. I won't be able to make this week's game... except for perhaps very briefly, and perhaps while very drunk.
I'll ask matuba to see if he would like to play till he goes to work.

He got off work at 4pm today and has to go back in at 12 tonight. So obviously he needs to sleep and wont make it.

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

my laptop has broken and i need to fix it. I'll try and be on, but i might be late.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

Sorry I didn't post to say so earlier, but I've updated Grauz's sheet. I've picked Spring Renewal Strike for my level 3 Encounter.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=114313
A note on it... if you're a Protector Spirit shaman, you get the following effect: "The ally regains additional hit points equal to your Con modifier." The thing is, that's identical to the Protector Spirit Boon. Any time somebody spends a surge next to Kindling, they get additional hit points equal to your Con modifier. Since Spring Renewal Strike's effect is exclusive to Protector Spirit Shamans, I think it's clear that the designers intended for this redundancy. In other words, whoever gets the surge from Spring Renewal Strike gets their surge value +4. Grauz's Con modifier twice.
Anyway, sorry about my spotty availability lately, I've been busy with finals and other end-of-semester craziness. I should be able to play all night tomorrow, uninterrupted.

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

*Siddhartha's affinity for the frigid blasts of winter seems to have found a focus in his new staff. This, combined with his recent trials have allowed him mastery of the tundra's winds*

(for my level 3 encounter, I'm going with Tundra Wind. In addition to my normal to hit, I should get an additional +1 for implement expertise and an additional +1 to damage for burning blizzard. also, I am a primal guardian so any hit targets will also get pushed for my Con Mod - currently +3)

(and also, let me know if anyone things I should retrain my utility power - right now it's allows me to raise a mist cloud - but if I'm going to back up Shananna I might want to swap it out for skittering sneak for a level)

Return to “Thiera's College of Adventurers”