Original Recruiting Thread

Moderator: tygaran

tygaran
Dragon

Original Recruiting Thread

Post by tygaran »

"Welcome to Thiera's College of Adventurers. As you may or may not know, admittance to the college is by invitation only. You were personally select by Lady Thiera herself. We expect great things from you and your fellows." - Vicdak d'Sivis

(Waiting List Only at this time)

This is going to be an Eberron campaign set in the Eldeen Reaches; and will be using 4th Edition D&D rules with a few modifications. I have set up some web pages with more detailed campaign information as well as existing House Rules at http://tyg-4eberron.wikispaces.com/

While your character can have any background they wish, they need to have accepted Thiera's invitation to join the College of Adventurers. You'll have been at the College for at least half a year, and have served with each of the other PC's at least once, but not necessarily all together in a single group. You can either be a student who recently graduated, or someone working with one of the Adventuring Companies the College sponsors. All PC's should currently be unassigned or between missions.

While the House Rules page at my site has more details, just about any 4e material will be allowed.

Basic Character Creation: 1st level characters; free mundane gear (armor, weapons, adventuring gear) plus a single Level 1 Magic Item. Use Standard Array or 22 point buy. Alignment must be any non-evil.

A paragraph or two (or more if you like) of character background is encouraged to help me build in adventure hooks for your character.

I will be trying for a balance between combat and role-playing, but this can be swayed by the party dynamic as adventures continue.

If you are interested in Preview Material and are not a DDi subscriber, I can email you the information you need for those classes/races.

Time is Saturdays, 8 PM EST.
Last edited by tygaran on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Re: 4e Eberron Recruiting: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"

Post by palmer »

I'm up for this, but my Saturday availability is... spotty. While I'm not normally working Saturdays, sometimes I am (usually once a month).
Fridays are out, as I do not get home from work until after midnight EST.

I'd be up for playing a pyromaniacal warforged wizard...

Omelet
Kobold

Post by Omelet »

I'm good for either dates. Although, I'm going to admit and say that I'm new to either the Eberron setting or to the RPTools application. If that isn't much of a problem, then I'll like to play as a warforged fighter.

Edit: Hmm... Make that an elven druid instead, though. I'm going to need some help in creating it.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Friday evenings are open for me right now. However, if voice chat is going to be used, I will have to bow out from putting my name on the list.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Aria wrote:Friday evenings are open for me right now. However, if voice chat is going to be used, I will have to bow out from putting my name on the list.
No, I have no intention of using any voice chat software. I prefer the "suspension of disbelief" type effect of imagining the characters' voices myself. =]

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Cool. Voice chat sucks. =) I'll put my hat in the ring for something. Don't know what yet...

triumphtt
Cave Troll

Post by triumphtt »

I work Fri and Sat all the time but I'm off work at 7 EST and normally settled at home, kid in bed and dinner by 8ish. If thats no to late I'd Like to give it a shot. I don't care if it goes till 12 but I don't like to stay up much later then that. I'm currently playing a thurs night game thats 4e so I'm getting back in the hang of it. I haven't played in 5 years but everything is coming back just minor details hang me up now and then. I've always played rogues but thurs needed a Wizard so thats been fun. I'm willing to play whatever just might need some assistance with setup if its not a rogue type (spells and all the hand waving stuff). Other then that I'll wait for a response and set up a char with the builder and link it. I don't mind changing things or molding to what the group could need, just putting that out there.

Made up a char just need an e-mali to send it to ya

PS When I did play it wasn't a whole lot just a few games a few months so I don't have anything really memorized but I'm working on learning class abilities and such.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Bah, work has changed my hours so now I'm on most saturdays.

Am now bowing out.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

I'm a night owl myself, so starting at 8 EST is fine for me as well.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

It looks like I have at least 4 players interested, so if everyone could get me a character sheet in some format, and maybe a short background too, that'd be great.

If you want to email me something, PM me first and I'll send you me email address.

FYI: One place I find useful for posting character sheets is Myth-Weavers.

Lethys: Half-Elf Starlock
Omelet: Elven Druid
triumphtt: Eladrin Rogue
Aria: unknown

If things end up with just 4 players, you can hire on NPC(s) from the College to fill out any role vacancies you wish to fill.

RaptorZombiejesus
Kobold

Post by RaptorZombiejesus »

Hi, got your message tygaran, thanks for the invite. If you still have room, I'm working on a Cleric, if that's all right. Just put me down for Lake/Human/Cleric for now, might change race, and I'm actually having some trouble with the backstory, since I know mothing about the Eberron setting. I'll post a character sheet as soon as I'm done. Saturday 8 EST works great for me.

Now I just need to get yet another game going on on Friday as well, and I'll officially have no life! :D :lol:

EDIT:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110819
Ertrod/Dwarf/Cleric

tygaran
Dragon

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(WL only)

Post by tygaran »

Looks like we have 5 confirmed players now. I have sheets for the following:

Aristillus: Half-Elf Starlock
Shannanna: Eladrin Rogue
Paprika: Human Druid
Ertrod: Dwarf Cleric

Waiting on the sheet for:
Escutcheon: Warforged Swordmage

With my campaign format, you can 'hire' a couple more people from the College to Fill out your group. I'll throw together a Fighter and a Swordmage incase you feel the need to hire on an NPC defender.

I'm going to try having a basic Campaign server up and connected called "Thiera's College (Recruiting)" today while I work on the token settings and maybe some maps. Still learning MapTool myself, so bare with me. 8) Feel free to stop in if you like.

Right now, this Saturday at 8 PM EST looks like it will be a 'meet and greet' type session. Either OOC chatting, help with MapTools and characters, etc.; or even some preliminary RP (possibly without a real map, but I'm working on that).
Last edited by tygaran on Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(One slot open)

Post by Five_Monkeys »

Hey, looks like you could use a defender. How would you feel about a Warforged Swordmage? This would be the -third- Swordmage I'm playing, but hey, they're the only defender class I enjoy, and the Warforged are the one part of the Eberron setting that really appeal to me, so it seems like a match.
I've already got him all made up in the Character Builder (his name's Escutcheon!), and I'll be transfering him to a Myth Weavers sheet later.

tygaran
Dragon

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(One slot open)

Post by tygaran »

Five_Monkeys wrote:Hey, looks like you could use a defender.
Indeed they could, so Welcome!

In point of fact, the possible swordmage defender NPC I had built for hiring was also a swordmage. =]

I await your char sheet with interest.

Looks like a complete party of players. The can decide to hire one people person if they'd like, just remember that such an NPC would cut into your XP. =]

Still on for Saturday at 8 EST. A coupl of you have connected to my maptool server, so at least we know the connection is working. I'm still finalizing basic macros and need to do some serious work on learning the actual mapping aspect :oops: so this week is probably just going to be maptools help and RP.

Hope to see you there.

RaptorZombiejesus
Kobold

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(WL Only)

Post by RaptorZombiejesus »

Ill be on tonight after school to get some help and familiarize myself with everybody. By the way, I´m 17 and go to school in the afternoons, so that really limits the games I can join. How old did you think I was? You know, just curious.

Return to “Thiera's College of Adventurers”