Original Recruiting Thread

Moderator: tygaran

Doopri
Cave Troll

Re: 4e Eberron: "Thiera's College of Adventurers"(WL Only)

Post by Doopri »

okay i've done a bit of looking around as i received my phb today (woohoo!)

you had a druid before, and seeing as I liked the look of the class, thought you might like another one?

my idea is to play a deva druid (assuming it's allowed). seeing as they are rare, and not initially inclined to primal classes feel free to veto.

but i was going to write up a character sheet and background in the next day or so. the background will attempt to explain his place in the wild and his entrance in the college (suffice it to say there were many years of tales concerning a "god of the woods" that trickled into the college from various travellers and passersby...)

let me know how the opening concept sounds (he'll most likely be spending the majority of his time in his humanoid form, so everyone knows). also i read the campaign notes - i'm not too familiar with eberron so do you think you could fill me in on the gods you mentioned there? also you mention the wardens of the wood (i think?). can i get just a smalllllllllish background on them because i'm guessing my character would have been inhabiting the same woods as they and while they wouldn't have had intimate contact it'll let me work 1) the name of the actual woods into my background and 2) a more solid source to forward information on me to the college

sorry to go on so long...

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

So, looking over the PHB II.

Bards + Fighters... Wow

Agile Opportunist...

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

Edit: nevermind

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

The characters who were played during our fourth session all gained 395 XP each.

Shananna and Aristillus hit 1000 XP and Level 2!
Grauz and Orin total up to 695 XP.
Lena of the Azure Sky (NPC hireling) also reached Level 2.

Loot Notes
Session 1 - n/a
Session 2 - 30 gp pearl, 34 sp
Session 3 - 75 gp, Sylvan Leather +1, Everlasting Provisions
Session4 - 129 gold, Cloak of Resistance +1, Eye of Vvaraak (Nightstone/khyber dragonshard)

Total gold = 234; split 4 ways that'd be 54.5 gold each (Someone has the Pearl + 24.5 gp).
Lena signed on for contract pay only, but was given the 34 silver found early on

Will they return the Eye to the Iredar Kobolds? We'll find out next session. :)

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

So I think I'll be joining you shortly - for all interested here's my character sheet...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=115726

And I'll be adding in my background shortly, so stay tuned!

*edit* Oh and because it's hidden up at the top in small print... meet Siddhartha

triumphtt
Cave Troll

Post by triumphtt »

Ok guys since I hit level 2 I'm looking for advice on a few things. Obviously I'm not as advanced of a player as all of you so I figured I would see what you guys thought.

I am retraining my Daily from

Confounding Attack (Martial Power) -
HIT: 2[W] + DEX (+3) DMG
EFFECT: As a free action, the target makes a melee basic attack against a creature of my choice adjacent to it. If me or the target has CA against the creature and I haven't dealt my SA during the round, I can deal my SA against the creature.

TO

Pommel Smash (Martial Power) -
HIT: 3[W] + DEX (+3) DMG, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends).
MISS: Half DMG, and the traget takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of its next turn.

As far as my new Feat I took Backstabber (increased me SA to 2d6 to 2d8) I also realized if didn't add in Sat my +2 STR bonus from being a brutal Scoundral.

Untility is the question I have to offer you, between

Fleeting Ghost (PHB)
At Will
EFFECT: You can move you speed and make a stealth check. You do not take the normal penalty from movement on this check.
I figured I could get a lot closer scouting and get in the suprise round easier.

OR

Sneak in the Attack (Martial Power)
Encounter
EFFECT: Until the start of your next turn, the next ally who hit the target and has CA against it deals extra DMG against it = to your SA DMG.
So that could be another [2d8+2] for us just for being in the position we would normally be in.

So my thoughts are just do I use it to get the suprise round or give us more DMG. I'm leaning to the DMG simply cause we won't always beable to get a suprise round where as we could almost always use the extra DMG.

Questions, comments, other choices I might have missed or not thought of.

Doopri looks good from my end.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

triumphtt wrote:As far as my new Feat I took Backstabber (increased me SA to 2d6 to 2d8) I also realized if didn't add in Sat my +2 STR bonus from being a brutal Scoundral.
I took a look at the macro. You have been getting the STR bonus on regular SNA's; but the couple times you Critted, we did NOT add the bonus in. I've altered the macro to display the max value for situations when you do crit. (which happens to be 14 right now). Which reminds me, I have to go up the dice rolls in that macro to d8's, upping the crit value to 18, for your Backstabber feat.

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

Bio and other info up...

calmatreun
Kobold

Post by calmatreun »

Hey do you guys have any more room for another player? I'm a huge Eberron fan and a DM as well. If so, I think I'd like to play a Shaman, but I'll play whatever would be most helpful.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

calmatreun wrote:Hey do you guys have any more room for another player? I'm a huge Eberron fan and a DM as well. If so, I think I'd like to play a Shaman, but I'll play whatever would be most helpful.
I'm afraid we're full up at the moment. I have five definite platers; six if the approved wizard starts coming. I can keep you in mind in case people vanish.

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

I might not be able to make next session, my Dad is coming to town so i'll be entertaining. If he wants to play my character i would not object.

calmatreun
Kobold

Post by calmatreun »

tygaran wrote:
calmatreun wrote:Hey do you guys have any more room for another player? I'm a huge Eberron fan and a DM as well. If so, I think I'd like to play a Shaman, but I'll play whatever would be most helpful.
I'm afraid we're full up at the moment. I have five definite platers; six if the approved wizard starts coming. I can keep you in mind in case people vanish.

Well, if you ever have any room let me know. I'd be happy to play even a one off session. A shifter shaman would be nice for the Reaches...

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I've just learned that a totem has to be wielded like a wand. I previously assumed it was worn like a holy symbol. This of course makes Grauz wielding a longspear difficult. I'd like to switch out his longspear for five javelins, if I could. I'd prefer it if we could pretend as if he'd had them all along, since this was a misunderstanding of the rules and not a choice I made.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Five_Monkeys wrote:I'd like to switch out his longspear for five javelins, if I could. I'd prefer it if we could pretend as if he'd had them all along, since this was a misunderstanding of the rules and not a choice I made.
That's fine by me. I had made he same assumption as you, that Totems were worn rather than wielded.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I've edited my sheet to remove the longspear, add in the javelins, and also add in a wishlist under the 'Campaign Notes' section.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=114313

Return to “Thiera's College of Adventurers”