IC: Between Session RPing and information

Moderator: tygaran

tygaran
Dragon

IC: Between Session RPing and information

Post by tygaran »

Use this thread for any role-playing you wish to do, character to character, which occurs outside of the main game time. One example would be 'camping time' and 'at the Inn/Tavern' time where the PC's are talking with each other.

I'll also be using this for simple events that do not require combat/skill determinations

tygaran
Dragon

Re: IC: Between Session RPing and information

Post by tygaran »

GM: As you are all eating a free meal and taking advantage of Quin's hospitality, an Orien Courrier arrives with a Missive Packet addressed to 'Captain of the Radiant Blade.'

The packet includes Letters of Credit for each of the current members of the Radiant Blade; Aristillus, Shananna, Orin Odentongue, Grauz, and Siddhartha. WHen you have the time, you can cash these in at any Kundarak sponsored bank or trading house for 200 gp (that's 200 gp to each of you).

Additionally, there are letters addressed to Orin Odentongue, Siddhartha, and Grauze (the contents of which I will PM to you).

The courier is a mid to late teens human girl in the uniform of the Orien Courier's Guild. She is also wearing a silver necklace chain upon which hangs the symbol of House Orien (indicating she is likely of that house's bloodline and not just a member of the house).

As Aris signs for the missive packet, her eyes go wide regarding on of the party members..

"Uncle Grauz?!?" she says in obvious surprise.

triumphtt
Cave Troll

Post by triumphtt »

Shan:

"I'll keep mine is a safe place." *tucking her credits in her armor*
"Uncle Grauz...hmm", she sits with eager curiosity as she doesn't know much of Grauz or Orin yet

(OOC: that still needs adjusted is there a place i could get it adjusted while we have down time?)

(OOC GM: Yes, you can find a tailor and or leatherworker in Meryslward to adjust the armor to a better fit)

I will go find out who can do that for me.
Last edited by triumphtt on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

GM: Also within the missive packet is a letter addressed to "The Radiant Blade", indicating it is for everyone.

"Members of the Radiant Blade,

Enclosed are Letters of Credit for each of you, in payment for your impending success in dealing with the Orc Threat within the Shadow Boughs. Unfortunately, the queries completed by Investigator Alora are not all good news. The Orc known as Eragosh Rurz is actually one of three brothers.

Eragosh himself is actually an Orog, and his true whereabouts are currently unknown. The local sibling, Korand Rurz, is likely the one you will soon or have already faced. It is uncertain if the third sibling, Gragat Rurz, is also involved in these recent matters. Gragat is a member of the Gatekeepers, and his last known location was somewhere in the vicinity of Greenheart.

I, myself, will be traveling to Greenheart to consult with Archdruid Oalian. If you choose to continue investigating on behalf of the College, you will be well compensated."

It is signed by Lady Thiera and bares her personal seal embossed into the parchment

[OOC Note: An Orog is a half Orc + half Ogre creature]

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

Orin intones under his breath, "That is interesting..." and then relates the gatekeepers interest in Rurz to the group and their concerns about Droam and the arms dealer.

"I've penned a response, but it won't leave until our messenger heads out again. What are your thoughts?"

[ooc: after, going to try and go buy 2 healing potions]

(GM OOC: By this time, it's into evening. The open market has closed. You'd probably be better off going to make purchases after breakfats.)

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

GM:
Time has passed. Most of the Radiant Blade are in Cree; having just defeated the crimelord Brador. Among the items of interest found, a hidden chest was discovered inside one of the secret passages. This chest contains numerous map/scroll case-shaped containers. Documents of interest will be detailed bellow

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

GM: A small section of one missive catches the eye

"...We trust your new Malcom is working out well. They are one of our best infiltrators. And it's not like the original was noticed very often anyway. You'll find his price well worth it once your rival has been dealt with, we assure you."

This missive is simply signed "The Cabinet"

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

GM: Another missive of some interest...

"...Our Alcomi allies suggest a more subtle plan, and we advise you to play along. You may have become strong in your little corner of the world, but I strongly suggest you don't overestimate your importance. This Starfall phenomenon is occurring throughout Khorvaire. You shall receive verbal instructions on how you should proceed in due course...."

There is no signature on this document; just some unusual border resembling a chain link done in golden ink.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

GM: and one more. This one was found on top of the pile and dated a day before you reached the Cree outskirts

"...Your Nemesis approaches, but you may yet save your skin. She will be weary from travel and will stop at the roadinn east of Cree. Kill or humiliate her as you wish, but no harm must come to the women traveling with her. If anything untoward should befall either the Heir of Dark or the Heir of Storms, you shall suffer consequences more dire than you can imagine..."

This one is sign "Emissary"

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

A shrill whistle sounds ahead, and the Radiant Blade comes under attack by swarms
of Needlefang Drakes. Colin pulls on the reign to stop the coach.

"Looks like some trouble ahead, Ladies." Lena and Elissa emerge to check on the
progress of the fight. After a short time, it looks like the Radiant Blade is being overwhelmed as the little beasts constantly knock them off their feet.

"C'mon Colin," calls Lena. "We'd better go help them."

"I'm afraid I cannot allow that," states a voice by the side of the road. They turn
to see a changeling in forest garb standing there.

"We'll see about that!" exclaims Colin and he jumps down from the coach and lunges
at the man. He only gets a few steps when he grasps his head in pain an collapses.

"We didn't need him anyway. Now don't make the same mistake ladies. Brother!"

Zefram emerges carrying Rena, shedding a false face to reveal another changeling.

Lena signals Elissa for caution and allows herself to be disarmed. A human dismisses his invisibility as he approaches. He produces and activates a ritual scroll. 'Zefram' runs Colin threw with his own blade as he steps into the perimeter of the ritual. The three girls and their captors vanish from the woods....

....To Be Continued

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

*on the main deck of the Cobalt Wing, manages to join a lone Lena*

*gazing at her intently* I offer my... apologies. I have failed you... twice *it is fairly obvious he is speaking of both the original capture, and his inability to return Rena*

May you... forgive... me. She could not be returned. She was... *taking one of his frequent, deliberate pauses* no longer of this place. I... beg your pardon for such inquiries. How did you come to be... drawn... into the Shadowfell?

*during the conversation, is studying Lena carefully to make sure she is of her original nature. While not outwardly suspicious of her, he is curious if she is another construct similar to Ashley*

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Doopri wrote:"How did you come to be... drawn... into the Shadowfell?"
"There was a mage with the group that caught us while you and th eothers were dealing with a swarm of needlefangs. He used a keyed Linked Portal scroll that took us all to that Stone Circle. It looked like a group of mercenaries were staged there, based on the number of crates I saw stacked nearby. Elissa felt they were Alcomi men.

"But, less than a minute after we arrived, several passages opened up with the Circle and the Shadar-Kai appeared. Rena didn't even hesitate. She ran right between two of the Shadar-Kai and through the passge from which they had emerged. She told us later that her new goddess had informed her about the 'raid'. Since she seemed to know what she was doing, and since we didn't want to be separated, not to mention Elissa's preference for the unknown rather than the Alcomi she knew were targeting her....

"Anyway, I knocked back the guards near us and Elissa and I charged through the same passage Rena took. As for being stuck IN the Shadowfell, the Shadar-Kai are gearing up for a battle against one of their own who has fallen to darker powers. " *small chuckle* "You may have noticed that the Circle corresponds to inside their temple? They didn't want to risk any spies from their rogue member entering.

"They only came to get Rena because their Goddess had chosen her."

GM: Throughout her response, her tone and mannerisms (not to mention the sense of presence Siddhartha feels) all correspond to the Lena you remember. You are as certain as you can be that she is the original.

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

*smiles weakly at Lena, who still seems upbeat despite the ordeal* This is... veiled... but good news. It seems I did not... fail... Rena. Her path has merely... diverged... from ours. For now. *Siddhartha's gaze seem momentarily unfocused as he attempts to reach backward into his past*
And the dark ones have not cast their die against us. I had... feared... this was not so. It would... *pauses briefly, as he often does, to consider his words* seem... the witch Markella is as much their enemy as ours. (Siddhartha is assuming she is the rogue Shadar Kai Lena mentioned).

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Lena: "I still wouldn't be so quick to let my guard down if I encountered any Shadar-Kai here in Eberron. While those in the temple with Rena are not enemies, Markella likely has other like-minded members of her race within her faction."

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

*Siddhartha closes his eyes and slowly nods his understanding at Lena's last words of warning* *he still seems relieved that some denizens of the Shadowfell could play a beneficial part in all this, but is mindful of the strong forces still opposing the group*

There is something else as well. There are... others... who now travel by our side *motions Lena over to the likes of Samuel, Amarok and Rain*

(sorry if my memory failed me on that last bit but those are the people I THINK weren't with us when Lena, Elissa and Rena were taken - if I'm wrong, well pretend I didn't just reintroduce them and PM in game before I try to do it again :) )

Return to “Thiera's College of Adventurers”