Request: Some thin Frame graphics

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

shinyhalo
Kobold

Request: Some thin Frame graphics

Post by shinyhalo »

The graphic "halos" that token images are surrounded by are too thick for my tastes.
I'd like more of the portrait to be visible.
Please add some thinner options like half as thin. Darker colors.
EDIT: found a tutorial in a post below, but would still be a good idea to include some

Also, it seems like no matter what sizes I pick in TokenTool or what default size I pick for the grid in MapTool, the token always fits inside the grid square/hex. Is there a way to make it so that the token overlaps the edges of the grid square/hex a little bit? This is also to maximize portrait size.

Thanks

MidnightLightning
Kobold

Re: Request: Some thin Frame graphics

Post by MidnightLightning »

shinyhalo wrote:Also, it seems like no matter what sizes I pick in TokenTool or what default size I pick for the grid in MapTool, the token always fits inside the grid square/hex. Is there a way to make it so that the token overlaps the edges of the grid square/hex a little bit? This is also to maximize portrait size.
When you drag an image to the Map while in the "Token" layer, the image will act like a token, and defaults to a "Medium"-sized token (one grid cell). If you right-click a token, choose the "Size" option, and switch to "Free Scale". This should allow you to make it a little bigger, while the 'snap to grid' option will keep the tokens' center snapped to the middle of a grid square.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Request: Some thin Frame graphics

Post by Azhrei »

You can also open the token editor dialog and use the mousewheel while hovering over the image in the bottom left corner of the Config tab; this will change the scale of the image, allowing it to bleed outside the boundary of the square/hex. You can also position the image within the square by dragging with the left mouse button.

Note that using this technique there's no way to set it back to the default scale other than to remove the image and select it again (use the green "+" at the top of the dialog window, next to the token image).

Return to “TokenTool”