Another "won't open" thread

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Siegetower
Kobold

Another "won't open" thread

Post by Siegetower »

Hi all,
I've been using Tokentool2 for about 2 months now, and to be honest I kinda hate how good it is - I'm a "nothing really wrong with my games, so why fix anything" kinda GM (almost exclusively in roll20 these days), and decided to test the waters when I couldn't get the kind of tokens I wanted. Then, almost overnight, I switched from the standard tokens to my own tokentool tokens, and have been using it for (as i said) months now.
Then, last Wednesday, the thing stopped working!
I can launch the program, I can see it in the taskbar, I can alt-tab through the programs (as well as use the taskbar functions to cascade or order them) and select tokentool, but nothing will bring the thing to "the front." I have deleted the cache, deleted the tokentool program and redownloaded it.
I've seen a bunch of help on the download pages, and here on the forums, and I follow the steps on each of them to the best of my ability...which isn't saying much - I'm really surprised I can get downloads and programs to run, that's how little computer finesse I have.
But I've also had another weird thing happen to me - the link to the discord at the top of the communities tab doesn't work for me either - it just sits and does nothing. I use discord all the time, so if someone has the ability to send me an invite rather than use the ap, that would be huge - maybe someone has the time and patience to help!
Any thoughts, comments, queries or slight help would be most helpful!
Thank you all in advance.
Siegetower

taustinoc
Dragon

Re: Another "won't open" thread

Post by taustinoc »

What you describe sounds like it's open, but located beyond the edges of the screen. (We've seen that before.) If you are using Windows, right-click on the taskbar, and click on Cascade Windows, Show Windows Stacked, or Show Windows Side By Side, and it should get things sorted out. (There are similar functions for Mac and Linux, I'm sure, but you'll have to search for it. I'd look for "cascade open windows" + your OS.)

If that doesn't do it, is it possible your computer thinks there's a second monitor? (I sometimes have my TV plugged in as a second monitor, and Windows will sometimes do odd things if it's not set to that input.)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

If that doesn't work, check your window_x and window_y keys here:

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\net\rptools\tokentool\client
Make sure they aren't negative or something that doesn't make sense. You can just delete them and TT will recreate them when it starts up next.

Foxxy83
Kobold

Post by Foxxy83 »

Tokentool 2.0 wont even open for me now after I completely uninstall and reinstall it. Gives me constant JVM error messages when I try.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

And the error message is?

Return to “TokenTool”