Unable to launch TokenTool on new machine

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

velkkor
Kobold

Unable to launch TokenTool on new machine

Post by velkkor »

I rebuilt my computer and installed a fresh copy of Windows a few weeks ago. Since then I've been unable to get TokenTools to launch.

Initially I just re-ran the setup for TokenTool 2.0 that I had in my Downloads folder. Trying to launch it would start caching overlays, then exit with the messages "Error invoking method" and "Failed to launch JVM."

I downloaded and installed JRE 8u251 64-bit, but I still received these errors.

I came to the site and saw there was a 2.1 version. I remove 2.0 and installed 2.1. The program now exits at the same point (about a second after starting to cache overlays), but without any error dialogs. I can find nothing in my event viewer indicating why it exited, either. Please advise.

velkkor
Kobold

Re: Unable to launch TokenTool on new machine

Post by velkkor »

I did find the following in what I presume is the logfile when it launches (in my user profile under .tokentool-rptools):

2020-05-25 11:37:21.907 [JavaFX-Launcher] ERROR net.rptools.tokentool.util.ImageUtil - Processing: C:\Users\original.admin\.tokentool-rptools\overlays\Round\Bottlecaps\Green.psd
java.io.IOException: Image file format not supported by ImageIO: C:\Users\original.admin\.tokentool-rptools\overlays\Round\Bottlecaps\Green.psd

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

TokenTool 2.0 includes its own Java runtime. Installing others isn't required and may cause conflicts. This is probably what is happening in your case.

I see you installed 2.1. The error from the log does suggest it is a conflict between the included runtime and your installed version.

velkkor
Kobold

Post by velkkor »

Thanks. I removed the .tokentool-rptools folder from my profile and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Return to “TokenTool”