Token tool not working

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

jay wrote:I have found that if you drag directly from the browser to token tool it will do something like this. If you save them to a file first, then load them into token tool they seem to work fine. Not sure what the difference is.
That would be weird. I'll try it though.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

dorpond wrote: Now Jay, when you say drag and drop, are you talking about dragging them into Manage Overlays? I even tried that and they work...

Trevor?
Yes, that is what I was talking about.

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

That's what I do too. I directly drag from my browser to the overlay manager without dropping the image to the desktop in between...
It works for most of the overlays.
What did work was to copy the overlay to the desktop and then from the desktop to the overlay manager.
Go figure...

(what doesn't work and freezes the program is to try and drag directly from a google image search to token tool. I have to get the "real" image first by clicking on it. it is mildly annoying because I have to use the program manager to "kill" token tool).

(I also wanted to know if it was OK to upload the tokens from the "a song of fire and ice" page since I'm not sure that the person who put them on his site is totally allowed to do so, and i wouldn't want Trevor to have problems because of that)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Ah.. I see.. You are dragging them from browser directly to the overlay manager.

I will test this out - I never do it that way. I save directly to folder first.

I will test.

I can't wait to see your tokens Voodoo!

[EDIT]
Well I tried that and it crashed my Token Tools. I just dragged one of my tokens from the gallery to the manager and *puke*.

Java console is locked so I cannot post the message.

I would suggest putting the images into a folder first then dragging them to the manager.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Trevor,

That is the problem. Once that file is dragged into the Manager from the website, it screws up Token Tool.

Token tool will not run at all now with that one file I dragged in there.

After looking in the Token Tool folder, I noticed a 0kb .PNG file and when I tried to delete it, it couldn't because it is in use (it must still be in a locked state). I will try to delete this file after a reboot.

That was Voodoo's problem and that was why it worked once he deleted the Frames.

You might want to make a sticky or a Known Issues section for users and errors like this.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

You guys are probably using Internet Explorer which has questionable PNG support. It probably is screwing up the PNG files when you drag and drop from the browser.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Trevor,

That is the problem. Once that file is dragged into the Manager from the website, it screws up Token Tool.

Token tool will not run at all now with that one file I dragged in there.

After looking in the Token Tool folder, I noticed a 0kb .PNG file and when I tried to delete it, it couldn't because it is in use (it must still be in a locked state). I will try to delete this file after a reboot.

That was Voodoo's problem and that was why it worked once he deleted the Frames.

You might want to make a sticky or a Known Issues section for users and errors like this.
Or just fix it :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:You guys are probably using Internet Explorer which has questionable PNG support. It probably is screwing up the PNG files when you drag and drop from the browser.
Hmmm. Interesting hypothesis. I'll try it out.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Yeah, after logging off (didn't have to reboot) and loggin back in again, the zero byte png file was no longer locked and I was able to delete it fine.

Token Tools works again.

Yeah, unfortunately, WinBlows comes with Internet Explorer but that is probably what most people visiting the site will be using.

I would just make a note to users that dragging from website to the Manager is not suggested because there is probably nothing Trevor can do since it is probably related to IE.

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:Yeah, after logging off (didn't have to reboot) and loggin back in again, the zero byte png file was no longer locked and I was able to delete it fine.

Token Tools works again.

Yeah, unfortunately, WinBlows comes with Internet Explorer but that is probably what most people visiting the site will be using.

I would just make a note to users that dragging from website to the Manager is not suggested because there is probably nothing Trevor can do since it is probably related to IE.
Good info. Thanks !

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

You guys are impressive.
I just posted a question on how to go around a problem I had, expecting at most a way to get my token tools back and not only do you offer it but you find what really happened, why and how to best deal with it.
Just too bad you don't work for MS

trevor

Post by trevor »

voodoo wrote:Just too bad you don't work for MS
(no offense intended to anyone) Actually it's a Good Thing otherwise I'd have to shoot myself in the head :)

Return to “TokenTool”