6/28 Synopsis

Moderator: vizier

Farax
Kobold

6/28 Synopsis

Post by Farax »

[My pre-apologies if I mis-spell your characters name]

Farax, Sieta, Gilhren & Kvaron were notified by Talak the owner(?) of the Bloody Knuckles that he had a job for us if we could round up Zorya and Xaphan who were suppose to be returning from the desert soon. Everyone meets up at the city gates where the Templars are doing thorough searches of all people going in and out of the city. We avoid and conflict with the Templars. Zorya and Xaph inform the newcomers that they have a meeting they must attend first, and then they will see Talak with us.

We all go over to the undercity (I think that is what it was called) where Zorya and some blind witch have business dealings, Zorya gets 200cp and divides it up 4 ways for the people who were part of the poison gathering.

Business dealings complete, we all head over to the Bloody Knuckles (with Zorya being a bit reluctant). We meet with Talek, he tells us that a Templar died in the Shadows Square along with a henchman of Talek's named Kravius. Kravius was apparently ripped a sunder into small little pieces. Talek says that Kravius was not working for him at the time of the deaths. Discussions reveal that Kravius enjoyed playing dice in the Bards Quarter. We debate whether to go to Bards Quarter or Shadow Square, with Zorya wanting to just blow the whole thing off and go back to working for the blind hag.

We decide to go to the Bards Quarter, with your's truly elected to be the point man. I strike up a conversation with a guy running a dice game in the Bards Quarter. Kvaron joins the dice game and gets the gambler to reveal that Kravius was in debt to House Vordon. Gilhren catches a halfling thief with his fingers in his purse, and convinces the halfling that we wont harm him if he helps us out. The halfling informs us that House Vordon is the largest merchant house in the city and has its hands in almost all trade in and out of the city. He takes us to the main store-front of House Vordon where we debate what we should do next. Some of us wanting to covertly gather information about the house, some of us wanting to sneak into their warehouse, and some of us wanting to walk in the front door and ask them questions directly.

Zorya finally decides that he wants the direct route and that he will do the talking. We all agree to watch his back and enter the store together. Zorya is able to bluff the main-dude in the shop to get information and a job out of him. The Vordon shop-keeper tells us that they have an "embarrassing problem" of a large wild desert cat lose in the city. He will pay us each 1sp if we can get rid of this problem for them, either dead or alive.

I had to go AFK at this point because my sister arrived earlier than she was planned. But from reading the scrollback not much else happened and the session was wrapped up.

If anyone sees anything I missed please chime in and add to this summary.

vizier
Cave Troll

Re: 6/28 Synopsis

Post by vizier »

That sums it up excellently!!

I really liked the ways you guys came up with to solve problems and the in game exp awards reflected that. Exp will be difficult to get make no mistake but I try and be generous with roleplaying exp since it takes a lot more skill than combat in many instances.

Keep it up guys I have a ton of content in Tyr already prepared. You can do basically any darn thing you want I will likely have at least a skeleton plot outline to respond to it with if not a full blown encounter.

On that note. I wanted to mention that Dark Sun games are not for kiddies. Feel free to get a little more "hardcore" if the mood strikes you. Athas is a brutal place. If anyone has seen the movie Apocalypto (sp) the city in that movie is a LOT like what I envision Tyr to be like.

vizier
Cave Troll

Post by vizier »

Watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_99mcIN ... re=related

This is the kind of brutal environment you guys are in. Yes there are slaves. Yes people are sacrificed. Athas makes Faerun look like candy land...which is why we love it so much!

flarebright
Kobold

Post by flarebright »

Just a small correction:

Zorya is female.

Return to “Dark Sun - 4th Edition”