Whispers of the Muse

Moderator: vizier

Psybuster
Kobold

Whispers of the Muse

Post by Psybuster »

"If only...if only..." The thought drives through Setia's mind on a daily basis, even though she's well aware that her childhood is long over, and there's no turning back at this point. There's a time and place for everything, but the time for dwelling in the past isn't now.

What of the people around her now? Now's not the time to waste away the days with mindless fun either, as tempting as it may be. There's still plenty of other things at hand to attend to first. Barring that, she doesn't really know them well enough to make any judgment calls just yet, nor vice-versa. What is troublesome, however, is how Talak (I hope I'm remembering his name right, the bar/fight club owner) knew of her well enough to hire her for any sort of work. "I don't believe I've left any sort of trails behind..."

Had Giles stuck around, she'd ask him for anything the halfling knew about Talak at all. With coin as incentive if need be. Money is useful, but knowledge and information is power.
DCI: 6214-107-884
It's LFR, baby!
Fir {Paladin 4} - The Clueless Wanderer
Malfis {Avenger 8} - The Monk in Disguise

vizier
Cave Troll

Re: Whispers of the Muse

Post by vizier »

Making her way through Tyr, Setia realized that she really didn't know much about Talak at all. He seemed trustworthy enough, sure, but why does a tavern owner have so many people working for him? What exactly was Talak involved in anyways? Was he truly independent as he outwardly maintained or was he merely an agent of a large organization? If so what was their interest in her?

The questions began to spiral out of control maniacally and Setia had to pause for a moment and settle her thoughts as she had practiced. She mustn't ever lose control...again.

Pushing aside those troubling thoughts she focused on Talak once again, this time rationally. He must have associates as well as rivals. Maybe they could provide a clearer picture of Talak. She would have to keep track of where he went to find out who those people were of course, but that was a minor problem to overcome. Slowly a plan started to form in Setia's mind.

Return to “Dark Sun - 4th Edition”