How to (re)join

The RPTools applications are written in Java. If you're interested in contributing to any project here by submitting patches to the source code, this is the forum to ask questions about how to do so. Please put the two-letter tool name abbreviation in your thread Title. To enter this group, go to the Usergroups page of your User Control Panel and join the Java Developer group.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

username
Dragon

How to (re)join

Post by username »

I admit, I have been out of the loop for some time. How do I get the current setup?
The Readme.md in Github/develop says, you require Oracles JDK10, whereto you have to give Oracle your Grandmother's Maiden Name.
The currently released MapTool runs on AdoptJDK 14, as far as the release notes are concerned.
AdoptJDK (11+) doesn't come with JFX, so you habe to install OpenJFX separately. Those installations don't go along with each other on my Ubuntu Xenial, as it seems. OpenJFX 8 uses /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64, AdoptJDk uses /usr/lib/jvm/adoptopenjdk-14-openj9-amd64. I can't have both as JAVA_HOME. Maybe I am missing something.

username
Dragon

Re: How to (re)join

Post by username »

If anyone else stumbles across this: The forum is quite dead dev-wise. Please go to github or discord. (Linked elsewhere in the forum.)

Return to “Java Programming Info”