Problem with Eclipse build path

The RPTools applications are written in Java. If you're interested in contributing to any project here by submitting patches to the source code, this is the forum to ask questions about how to do so. Please put the two-letter tool name abbreviation in your thread Title. To enter this group, go to the Usergroups page of your User Control Panel and join the Java Developer group.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Problem with Eclipse build path

Post by Azhrei »

Something screwy is going on with my MapTool build path in Eclipse. (I just upgraded to Helios so maybe this problem is related?)

I have added another Apache library to ${WORKSPACE_LOC}/maptool/lib and then right-clicked on it and selected "Add to build path". It shows up in the Referenced Libraries folder in the Package Explorer just like it should...

However, when I type in org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils it's not recognized as a valid package name! Yet I can drill down within the package explorer and see the various packages and classes in it (shown below).

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? I'm giving up for now and plan to sleep on it... Maybe something will occur to me tomorrow.
build path problem.png
build path problem.png (92.46 KiB) Viewed 4378 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Eclipse build path

Post by Azhrei »

Doh! That was stupid!

All I needed to do was look at the error message more closely and I would have noticed that it was complaining about the rplib project, not maptool. Sigh. :roll:

Okay, so this one is fixed and I'm moving on...

Return to “Java Programming Info”